Outdoor Speakers/Audio System

Discussion in 'Community' started by JeDiBoYTJ, Jul 17, 2005.

1. JeDiBoYTJ macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

hey fellow MacRumorers... Im looking to install an outdoor audio system. I want to mount the speakers on the side of the house, so 2 speakers will be all i need really. Anyone have any suggestions on a good amp/reciever? Im really on a tight budget here, but i dont want something too cheap, just something that I can plug my iPod into and let the music play. The amp probably wont be outside, i will probably place it inside my sliding glass door, so the only thing needing to be 'weather proof' here are the speakers.

im hoping to not have to spend more then $250 for the whole package... i will really appreciate any help i can get.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Spend your money on as good a pair of weatherproof speakers as you can and pick up a receiver used for $20 - $30 from a garage sale.

Don't expect to generate disco-level sound nor any bass response to speak of. You don't have near enough budget to accomplish high fidelity sound in an outside environment.

3. JeDiBoYTJ thread starter macrumors 6502a

JeDiBoYTJ

nah, wasnt expecting it. I live in a tightly packed neighborhood anyway, so the sound isnt going to be very loud to begin with.

I have seen speakers from $29 a pair, to $500 a pair, im kinda leaning towards these: http://www.jbl.com/home/products/product_detail.asp?ProdId=N24AWII&SerId=NRE&sCatId=IWO

they seem at least half way decent, and i've always liked JBL's products.