Outlook 2011 Freezing/Stalling on new iMac (but not Macbook Air)

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by webitorgal, Dec 12, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

webitorgal

Outlook has been an absolute nightmare on my new iMac - keeps on stalling/freezing every time I type click on any email. This is NOT an issue on my MBA. Does it have anything to do with me importing things from my old Windows machine? I did not import anything to my MBA, but have synced contacts, etc on the iMac. Any way to fix this?

Thanks!

C

2. macrumors 6502

Not what you probably want to read, but I fixed my Outlook hassles by moving to Mail.app, Calendar.app and Contacts.app

While not perfect, I've found using the three separate apps to be better than Outlook all-in-one.

IMO Outlook calendaring is better than Apple's, at least for business use - functionality like "email all attendees" is shocklingly missing from Apple's app, but overall Apple's is not bad.

3. thread starter macrumors regular

webitorgal

But why is it acting up on the iMac but not on the MBA? Same program, no?

4. macrumors 6502

Possibly a corrupted Outlook file (can't remember - are they .pst files?). If you can, try starting from scratch in Outlook on the iMac - don't import data that might be currently giving you a hard time.

There is a forum dedicated to MSFT Office on the Mac:

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/mac

Maybe you will find some answers there?

5. thread starter macrumors regular

webitorgal

I think I may have resolved the problem. Possibly another issue now... (see new post)