Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wilsonlaidlaw

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 29, 2008
My wife wanted to update her Address Book (in Entourage on a G5 iMac) with some addresses from my address book. I sent her a number of VCF cards from Outlook 2011 on my MBP. In every instance, the address was truncated to just the first line. My master address list is in iCloud and the address comes over correctly to both Mac Address Book and to the address book (cmd-3) on Outlook. If I drag the addresses from Mac Address Book, the export shows the correct and complete address but not from Outlook. Anyone else having this issue? It is much more convenient to be able to drag the addresses from the Outlook address book (if only it worked), to avoid having to change programs, when sending address cards to someone else.

TommyWillB

macrumors newbie
Nov 13, 2008
Yes, I've noticed the same thing.

There is a concept in the Vcard format known as "line-folding" that explains how lines can be wrapped and therefore how they should be un-wrapped by vCard viewers.

• Mac Outlook 2011 does not correctly un-wrap... instead it simply truncates
  • Entourage 2008 fails the same way
  • Oddly, Windows Outlook 2007 seems to do the right thing

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.