Outlook 5 Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Tommy!, Jun 21, 2003.

1. Tommy! macrumors regular

Jul 26, 2001
    Hey guys,
    My mom's iMac rev. c uses outlook 5 for email. both she and my brother have an account. We use earthlink, and recently, it has been saying that outgoing messages could not be sent because "relaying messages to [user@isp.net] is prohibited by administrator." This happens in all user accounts in outlook.

I called earthlink, and they said to change the SMTP and POP servers, which I did. That did't work. I called again and got some guy who told me that "Mac keeps everything in the application itself, so you may have to delete the program and lose your messages"(uh, ok, not true u windows loving 'tard)

So, to get to my question, is there any way to export messages from outlook? My mom is obsessed with keeping all her messages. I know there is a file in the Microsoft User Data about outlook accounts, but I don't want to mess with those... What are my options, besides starting over, and his other nice little piece of advice "to call microsoft" :rolleyes: Thanks!
  2. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

Jun 25, 2001
    Moneyapolis, Minnesota
    i'm not familiar with outlook on the macintosh operating system...did microsoft call it that pre-os x? cause i know that with office X it's called entourage.

and if you are on a pre-os x machine, everything isn't all in the app...in fact, in os x it isn't that way with user accounts and such either, they are held in the keychain and all the emails are held in the user libraries.

sounds like it's earthlink or else your settings...there should be no reason at all to delete and reinstall the app.
  3. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Oct 21, 2002
    Isn't there Outlook Express for Mac?

There is an Outlook for OS 9, but it strictly connects to exchange servers.