Outlook and Entourage

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by markjones05, Jul 5, 2004.

1. macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Whats the difference between microsoft outlook and entourage?

2. macrumors member

Outlook is a full microsoft exchange client but requires either OS9 or classic environment in OSX.

Entourage is the latest client but is not a full client. You cannot do things like post to public folders, set permissions on you mailbox folders, out of office assistant, oh the list is endless.

Basicly both suck but entourage is pretty.

3. macrumors 601

BornAgainMac

It's really strange that Microsoft didn't just port Outlook to Mac OS X or at least call Entourage --> Outlook X.

4. macrumors 68000

Falleron

Anybody know of a secure exchange client for os x? Entourage is NOT. Must have the ability to so setup multiple private accounts.

5. macrumors 6502

6. macrumors member

slowtreme, I don't see any "features" that where not already present in the previous version of Entourage.

If anything, 2004's impliementation of exchange support is much worse. Personally I have gone back to Outlook 2001 and my colleges have either rolled back to v.X, outlook web access or use a citrix/rdp server to access mail.

Falleron, Outlook web access might be your best way forward, assuming you have ssl activated.

7. thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I know this is an annoying question because ive posted it before with no response, but could sombody please be so kind to tell me how to set up a spymac account to work as a POP account in entourage or mail app.?

8. thread starter macrumors 6502a

markjones05