Outlook and recently used contacts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by weg, Nov 17, 2006.

1. weg macrumors 6502a

weg

I've a problem with MS Outlook 2004 that drives me crazy.
    One of my friends changed his email address, the old one doesn't work anymore. However, whenever I write a new Email and push the tab key after writing the first few letters of his name, Outlook auto-completes the email address - of course to his old one. I've searched all my contacts, can't find any reference to his old email address anymore. However, Outlook obviously "knows better". Does anybody know how I can get rid of his old email address?? It's driving me nuts.. I've already sent him several emails he didn't receive because I didn't double check the address :(

2. freeflydrew macrumors member

this is actually very easy to resolve... when the list of possible recepients appears, you can select the email address that doesn't work anymore and simply click delete o the keyboard. There's also a cache file that you can delete, but if it's only one person, then it's just as easy to delete the one person from the list

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

The most recent Mac version of Outlook is Outlook 2001. The most recent version of the Windows version of Outlook is Outlook 2007. It is the first Windows version since Outlook 2003. What is this Outlook 2004?

4. weg thread starter macrumors 6502a

weg

Sorry, I ment Entourage 2004. I bow my head in shame before your omniscience.. all the other readers had no problem understanding what I ment.

Oh, hey.. I've one more thing for you: Did you know I run Outlook 2004 on a MAC? :D

5. weg thread starter macrumors 6502a

weg

Thanks, but that doesn't work.. (if I select it and press Fn+backspace or backspace only, nothing happens.. my Powerbook doesn't have a "delete" key).

The funny thing is, that Entourage shows the wrong Email Address when I type the first three letters of that name. However, as soon as I finish to type the first 5 letters of that name, a second, namely the correct, email-address shows up, too.. strange.. they definitely got something wrong there..

6. freeflydrew macrumors member

That fix is for microsoft outlook, not entourage...