Outlook & Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Phoenixx1978, Aug 25, 2006.

1. Phoenixx1978 macrumors newbie

I currently have 3 macs and a PC that need to be able to share contacts and list changes on a global level. Does anyone know if this is possible through Outlook & Entourage, or should I find a different program, and if so, suggestions?

Thanks in advance. Although I am new to these forums, I find the community posts to be well thought out, and responsive, and look forward to whatever suggestions you can recommend.

With Sincerity,

Phoenixx1978@msn.com

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

So four computers, one using Outlook and the other three using Entourage or something else, right? Are the lists managed on an Exchange Server or is the Outlook account on the PC just POP or IMAP accounts + contacts etc managed locally?

3. Phoenixx1978 thread starter macrumors newbie

The second option, as of now. We control a yahoo email account, and various other POP accounts, but the majority of the work is in the lists. When one user updates a name, address, or notes, all clients have to be able to see the change.

On a side note, is Exchange server a viable option for less than 10 users?

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I was going to say no, but I'm not so sure now. Something like that (there are also free solutions, although you probably have to move everyone to thunderbird or the like) is probably the most ideal.

I'm not sure how to sync without the server. There are things I know about, but none of them are real time... I guess you could run a script every night, though.

Or else, depending on the security needs, might GCal / Google's address book be options?