Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
So on iOS 6 and before, my microsoft exchange email would sync my drafts folder as a separate drafts folder on the iOS 7 mail app. It would have the local mail drafts folder, and then the drafts folder from outlook.

Now, with iOS 7, it only has the local drafts folder and not the drafts folder from outlook and I cannot figure out how to get the outlook drafts folder to show up.

Does anybody know how to address this? I need access to my drafts via my iPhone for work...

redbaron123

macrumors newbie
Jan 14, 2012
So on iOS 6 and before, my microsoft exchange email would sync my drafts folder as a separate drafts folder on the iOS 7 mail app. It would have the local mail drafts folder, and then the drafts folder from outlook.

Now, with iOS 7, it only has the local drafts folder and not the drafts folder from outlook and I cannot figure out how to get the outlook drafts folder to show up.

I've found the same behavior on my iPhone and iPad since upgrading to ios7. Apple documentation claims that this is because the Exchange ActiveSync protocol doesn't support syncing Drafts folders, in either direction. But I definitely used to have my Exchange Drafts folder available in my iDevice in previous OS's.

Does anybody know how to address this? I need access to my drafts via my iPhone for work...

I haven't found anything yet, but post back if you do. I'll need to create a new folder for now and copy my Exchange drafts into there to get them to sync. But that will only work if I remember to copy them over manually before leaving my desk.

jonfarr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 29, 2012
Portland
I haven't found anything yet, but post back if you do. I'll need to create a new folder for now and copy my Exchange drafts into there to get them to sync. But that will only work if I remember to copy them over manually before leaving my desk.

Thats exactly what I ended up doing and I know I will create drafts and forget to sync them to the new folder, so annoying...

pfielding

macrumors newbie
Sep 23, 2013
Outlook exchnage Drafts folder no longer syncs to mail on iOS 7

I'm experiencing the same. More interestingly however, i have both an iPhone and iPad.

My iPhone 5 was updated to iOS 7 over the weekend, and 'drafts' stopped syncing (all other folders syncing normally).

My iPad is STILL on iOS 6.1 (I have not updated it yet). On the iPad, 'drafts' are syncing just fine....no problems whatsoever.

peter

CorFree

macrumors newbie
Jan 7, 2014
Winnipeg
This is frustrating indeed. Used to have trouble connecting to Exchange because the version we used was too old for iOS 6. I used the premium app Mail + for Outlook to get around that problem. After an upgrade to a newer version of exchange and still using iOS 6 everything was great. Now after upgrading to iOS 7 again we have an issue as discussed in this thread. Once agian I may have to back to using Mail + for Outlook as I can access my drafts from there.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.