Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

msjane

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 4, 2004
Recently when I tried to load Outlook Express 5 on my imac running 9.2.2, it refused to load and gave an "end of file" prompt. I reloaded the OS, but now that I try to access my message files in the "original items" folder, they will not completely reload.

The message file is large, 612K. When I try holding down the option key and go to "complex rebuild" mode, I get 2 years worth of messages but lose the last 6 months worth. I increased the assigned memory to 90K. Still no good for all the messages.

Any suggestions for retrieving these files? They are there, but I can't seem to get them to reload.

Millymax

macrumors newbie
Jul 2, 2004
Outlook Express and Lost Data

Hi msjane

Did anyone help on getting back your data? Or have you worked out how to get it back? Because exactly the same thing happened to me and I haven't a clue what to do.

I did the compacting and rebuilding things and got OE back -- but with only a third of the addresses, no archives and no messages. And I've lost lots of stuff I really need.

Ho hum.

I think it's the time I'm wasting trying to sort it all out that really gets me.

Let me know how you're doing with all this!

Millymax

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.