Outlook Express OS X

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cheemie, Aug 27, 2001.

1. cheemie macrumors newbie

Anyone have any idea when we'll see a native version of Outlook Express for OS X? I love the OS, but the included Mail client is buggy.

2. Kela macrumors 6502

yes

tomorrow.

no jk. but seriously ever noticed this... The Titanium Powerbook G4 before it came out was code named, PROJECT MERCURY. Now the new G4 towers are called Quiksilver.

Quicksilver = Mercury = LIQUID METAL. Any connection to apples computers and this metal? dunno.

3. nfarlow macrumors newbie

Importing email addresses

Does anyone know if there is a way to import email addresses from Outlook Express into the OS X address book? Or is there another email app that works better than the OS X Mail app? So far, with this Mail app, I haven't been able to 1) import my email addresses, 2) found a way to do BCC, or 3) found a way to send an email from an alternate email address. I.e., I have more than one business, and I want my reply to come from the appropriate email address. In OE one can do this with a simple pop-up menu. Not that I'm a great fan of Microsoft, but...

4. Schiffi macrumors 6502a

Schiffi

I believe Express can export as a Text File, maybe Mail can import it? (Ti is off at AppleCare so I can't check at the moment)

@Kela...
    Quicksilver was also the codename for the project in The Invisible Man (a short-lived SciFi TV show).

5. nfarlow macrumors newbie

Yes, OE can export as a text file. However, the Address Book can only import vCard and LDIF files, whatever they are...

Seems pretty retarded to me. If Apple wants people to switch to their Mail /Address Book combo, they should provide a way to import data from the popular email apps, like Eudora does.

6. vniow macrumors G4

7. nfarlow macrumors newbie

Well, this forum is new to me, this issue is new to me, and so is OS X. What a pain this OS is! I've only been using it for a week, but I don't even like it at all yet. The GUI seems sluggish, stuff crashes a lot, and I don't like those stupid icons cluttering up the bottom of my screen in the "dock." And I haven't even dealt with some major issues, one being that my Mac no longer sees my CD burner...

Meanwhile, does anyone have any actual answers to my question(s)? That might be very helpful.