Outlook to Entourage

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by fjs08, Jul 19, 2003.

1. fjs08 macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003

I'm ordering a PB. I'm currently using XP. I use Outlook a lot!! I have tons of addresses, tasks, and especially calendar events that are coming up all the time. Will I have to manually re-enter all of these to Entourage or is there a way to transfer that information from my XP box to a Powerbook??

Also, on my XP box, I use Winamp to play my mp3's etc. What do "we" use on a Mac???

Thanks in advance.

2. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    Get Move2Mac. It will move your Outlook info to Entourage. It's the ONLY way.

I, personally, would move the info to a mix of iCal, AddressBook, and Apple Mail, but that's me. You'll see why. Microsoft's proprietary formats are such a pain in the butt (as you will see when you try to move the info from Outlook).

Also, we use iTunes. It's WAAAAAAAAAY better than WinAmp.

Good to have you on our side. ;)
  3. fjs08 thread starter macrumors 65816

Jun 25, 2003

>>I, personally, would move the info to a mix of iCal, AddressBook, and Apple Mail,<<

Are you talking about the Address Book and Apple Mail that is part of OSX or .mac?? Are they different. I think so, but I'm all new to this stuff.

Thanks again.

4. e-coli macrumors 68000

Jul 27, 2002
    The apps included with OS X are extremely well written. Apple Mail's junk mail filter is wonderful. It's just an elegant program in general.

The only reason I suggest using all the OS X apps instead of Entourage is the OS X apps all seem to integrate well with each other and with the operating system. And the apps have only gotten better and more integrated in Panther (OS X 10.3, due in Sept).

As for .Mac...
    When it first came out, it was kind of a rip-off. But now it has become wonderfully useful. In a lot of ways, it's the best $100 I ever spent. And if you are using the OS X apps, they are extremely nice with .Mac.
  5. BWhaler macrumors 68020

Jan 8, 2003
    Another option in Outlook2Mac.

1. Only 9 bucks
    2. Works as billed

1. Doesn't import tasks.
    2. Adds odd text in the notes field of your contacts
    3. Some oddities in iCal (can't be specific since I haven't nailed down the problem yet.) Prevents iCal syncing with phones and iPods. (Works fine with .Mac syncing though)
  6. Cuckoo macrumors 6502

May 2, 2003
    The Netherlands - Utrecht
    Maybe it's a too big-a-sidestep, but what about newsgroups? I use outlook express to read them, and since i don't do much binaries and lot's of text-groups, is there any apple native program to handle News?