Outlook to Mail, iCal, Address

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Furrybeagle, Mar 29, 2005.

1. Furrybeagle macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2004
    New Mac user here, I'm sure this has been asked before but I couldn't really find what i'm looking for:

Basically, I have an Outlook 2003 .pst file with some calendar stuff, a few address entries, and some calendar entries. I've seen similar topics like this when searching BUT I don't want to use Entourage or just take one of the things out of the pst file. I prefer the built in OS X apps, although I do have Entourage (or Thunderbird) to use as a gateway. I could re-enter my Contacts (not a lot of them) and my Calendar events (they got pretty messed up on the PC when I switched timezones and synced with a PDA) but I'm still not sure about how to even go about taking off the email messages without losing the data associated with them like attachements and other metadata (I had a bad experience syncing a Palm Pilot and getting certain data messed up).

I've done some searching but I wasn't really finding what I was looking for. I'm really not sure to begin with this one, as I've always used Outlook. So any help what-so-ever would be greatly appreciated. :)
  2. skp574 macrumors 6502

Jan 16, 2005
    Have a look at http://www.littlemachines.com. Outlook2Mac is a nice little bit of software that gets your Outlook email and contacts into Mail on a Mac.

I used it and it worked perfectly. Everything got carried over, such as metadata and attachments in email.

Well worth the cost.
  3. Furrybeagle thread starter macrumors 6502

Sep 13, 2004
    Thanks. I might try that if I can't figure out any other way to do it...i'd rather not pay the money for a one time thing.