Outlook Web Access help...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Bamaweather, Aug 5, 2004.

1. Bamaweather macrumors newbie

Hi everyone, I was hoping you would be able to bring some closure to a minor issue I'm facing.

When our users are using Outlook Web Access on a PC, they have the ability to set up Rules for their account. When our Mac users connect to the same Exchange Server (with Internet Explorer, no less) the Rules option disappears.

Do I have a setting wrong on the server side or can the Macs just not do that in OWA?

Thanks in advance!

2. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

FWIW, I've found a lot of funny behavior from OWA as a user in the past. Even on different PCs running MSIE 6, some of them would successfully show the right hand multi-month calendar view, others wouldn't. Menus would be missing on some computers, not others. I'm trying to remember OWA cuz I'm not on it anymore...are the rules one of the options in the left hand toolbar? It seemed to me that aside from calendar, everything else worked more or less consistently. In fact, I seem to remember that Safari even worked, as long as I disabled the pop-up blocker.

3. Bamaweather thread starter macrumors newbie

That's right... the Rules appears as a menu option for our PC users, but not for our Mac users. Really odd stuff. :)

4. Stevp1 macrumors regular

There might be a clue here. I remember OWA displaying in multiple ways. It may be that some of the frames could be affected by this. Just an idea...