Outraged by long time waiting for shipping label

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by LUNA, Jan 26, 2007.

1. LUNA macrumors newbie

Here is just my experience with apple's service, may not represent its overall quality, but it definitely pissed me off. It is all about the stupid shipping label. I has to wait for the shipping label, which is supposed to arrive in two days after the return is accepted, for over a week twice in a row. The second time is a mess. I am trying to return a defective MBP for a refund. So I called last Wednesday and the return was accepted and the refund was supposed to be issued once they received my return. Then they said they will send me the shipping label immediately via Fedex. So it has been more than one week now and I have got nothing from apple. I called them several times during the week, and I was assured every time that I will get the shipping label in a few days (They said this last Wednesday, I wonder how long a few days is). But I was deceived by them until this Tuesday when I was told by an Apple representative that they haven't created the label yet!! Ridiculous! But guess what, today I called in again since I still haven't got it, and they say: sorry sir, we will send it to you right now!......:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

This is my first experience with apple service and I have been always believing that apple provides prominent service, but I guess I have to say I am disappointed. Do they always make return or refund such a hassle?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I had a fiasco with ordering a refurbed iPod this summer. I first ordered a 40GB 3G, but when it arrived DOA, and research showed that the 40's had these issues, I asked for a refund, which I promptly recieved, and proceeded to order a 20GB (since I didn't really need the extra space). The 20 had battery issues, and again Apple promptly sent out a shipping box/label, and had a new one in my hands quickly. I was very impressed with how Apple's service treated my situation.

I am sorry for your ordeal, and know how frustrating it is to have this problem with a $2000+ purchase. I wish you luck and I hope that this experience does not turn you off from buing Apple products in the future.

3. 2tallyAwesome macrumors regular

I had a similar problem.

However the label, once orderd by Apple, is created and delivered exclusively by fedex. Apple has nothing to do with it once they place the order.

After waiting a week for this "phantom shipping label" to arrive, I called applecare and they allowed me to drop my machine off at the local apple store.

Just ask for something similar.

4. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Did they give you a tracking number for the label? When I sent my DS into Nintendo over the summer (a single dead pixel, which they fixed under warranty. I actually noticed it quite often), they sent me a shipping label via USPS. I then forgot to fill out ANY pertinent information (you now, name, address), and they still managed to get it back to me. :D