Over 1,000 Widgets are Available to be Downloaded at Apple.com

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by GodBless, Aug 4, 2005.

1. GodBless macrumors 65816

GodBless

I expected that Apple's widget download page would beat out Konfabulator's widget download page but it still hasn't happened. As you can see by clicking on the links, Apple is still quite a ways behind. (On the bottom of Apple's Dashboard widget download page it says 1,018 are available for dashboard and on the top of Yahoo's Konfabulator widget download page it says that there are 1,075 available for Konfabulator.

I am sure it will be pretty hard for Apple to catch up with widget downloads since Konfabulator is free and distributed by Yahoo, however I think it is possible.

What do you think?

2. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

I thought that you had to pay for Konfabulator, though the widgets were free.

3. vniow macrumors G4

http://www.konfabulator.com/

4. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

Not anymore since Yahoo bought it recently.

5. mpw Guest

I think as the last time I looked there was only 600 it's time I took another look, maybe there'll be another four useful ones!

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

Considering Dashboard widgets only work on Macs AND only in Tiger, while Konfabulator works on nearly 80% of the total computers in operation, I think Apple's widgets have a massively greater per widget download per user than Konfabulator.

7. GodBless thread starter macrumors 65816

GodBless

I should have been more clear. What I meant to do was compare how many Dashboard widgets are available to be downloaded compared to how many Konfabulator widgets are available for download.

8. atari1356 macrumors 68000

atari1356

A couple of weeks ago, there were just over 800 on the Apple site, so the number is growing very fast. Since Konfabulator is free now, I'm sure that they'll gain a lot of new users and will grow quickly too.

Of course, the more there are are, it just gets harder to pick out the good ones from the bad out of those 1000+ widgets. ;)