Overall, do you like the new UX?

Discussion in 'iOS 7' started by ra4oasis, Sep 20, 2013.

?

Overall do you like the new UX?

Poll closed Oct 11, 2013.
  1. I like it

91 vote(s)
    70.0%
  2. I don't like it, but I'm staying with iOS anyway

29 vote(s)
    22.3%
  3. I don't like it, and I'm leaving for another platform

10 vote(s)
    7.7%
  1. macrumors regular

ra4oasis

iOS 7 seems to be very polarizing, so what's the final word? Do you like the new look and feel, and if you don't, are you leaving ios?

2. thread starter macrumors regular

ra4oasis

My two cents.. I love ios 7. I've heard a LOT of moaning and groaning from others, but I like the white space, the simplicity, animations, and control center was much needed. I absolutely cannot imagine going back it ios 6.

3. macrumors 603

Seriously, why did you have to make ANOTHER thread when this forum is already inundated with ones posing the exact same question?

4. macrumors 65816

I love 7.0.

New software feels more alive and active. And I love the simple minimalistic design and bright colors. I actually love the new animations and 'zoom' effect despite many claiming it's "slow".

Looking back at iOS6, it's ugly and boring and lifeless. I loved 7.0 from the beginning and I didn't even look back.

5. macrumors 68030

tkermit

Seems quite nice. I never expected to like it this much, considering how shocked and concerned I was when they first introduced iOS 7.

6. macrumors 65816

djtech42

Proof here, folks. Majority of people are satisfied with iOS 7.

7. macrumors 6502

I love iOS 7. I've been using it since the beta versions and overall, I'm happy with it.

I couldn't imagine going back to iOS 6. ;)

8. macrumors 68030

BvizioN

I can't remember how many times I have said/answered this question on a various threads since June, but here is my answer again: I don't like it. I love it.

9. macrumors regular

Breezygirl

Um, no they are not. Me included.

10. macrumors 6502a

CB1234

Who is this post directed to?

Anyway, if you are not happy with iOS 7 - vote please. If sufficient people vote, then we will soon find out what the majority feel about ios7. Which by the way is the point of this thread….

11. macrumors 65816

djtech42

I predict that even more people will accept iOS 7 later on when they get used to all the changes.

12. macrumors 6502

Dont like it, because its incomplete. iOS8 will hopefully have a polished job unlike this monstrosity of inconsistent design elements.

13. macrumors 6502a

CB1234

this thread needs a bump - before it gets buried amongst tons of negative threads going on...

14. macrumors 6502a

CB1234

72% love it...

15. macrumors 65816

I don't just like it, I love it. iOS 7 has moved Apple even further ahead of the competition in terms of experience, functionality and power with the world's first 64 bit desktop class phone and operating system. Nothing else compares.

16. macrumors 6502

I absolutely despise it. It's ugly, sterile and backwards when it comes to functionality.

I plan on upgrading next year so Apple has until iOS 8 to fix this abomination or I'm going to start looking for alternatives.

17. macrumors 6502a

byke

IOS 7 has lost its magic.

I really hope apple come up with skin options for both the OS and certain stock apps as they are making a huge mistake.

And when you compare the issues in IOS 7 compared to maps .... then in the same sense, why hasn't Jonny been fired?

18. kot
    macrumors regular

Fire Jony because you personally don't like the new UI? Ok.

19. macrumors regular

Tamagotchi

He's not alone. I don't like his UI design either, however, I do like his hardware design.

Oh, and this forum gives you a false impression of people's opinion about ios7. This is a fan forum, almost every response will praise the new OS. Outside the forums, with normal people, it's a different story. I haven't met a single person who has upgraded and says he/she likes ios7

20. macrumors 68030

BvizioN

I have. Everyone on my workplace likes the new iOS! Does that give a true impression of peoples opinion about iOS7? Or the true impression is only of these who dislike it?

21. macrumors 6502a

iOS:7 is a great step in a new direction for Apple. I think the GUI overhaul Ive pulled off is great! Crisp and clean. :apple:

22. macrumors 6502a

CB1234

Just for being pedantic sake - can you tell me roughly how many people you have met who have upgraded to iOS7 and told you they do not like it? And when you post the number of people who you say dislike it, do you think it is a more justified opinion then people who vote here?

The people who haven't upgraded to iOS7 would not count - correct - since they wouldn't know if they like it or not without actually upgrading to it first….

If you think this forum is only for apple fan's and their positive comments - then you need to check your eyesight - check out the tons and tons of negative comments re iOS 7 compared to a few positive ones….

This poll result - is not going to be used by Apple to formulate their iOS strategy, but it will give an insight as to what people visiting Macrumors feel about iOS7.

Don't take it too seriously and be negatively biased about it - if you do not like it - there is a vote for you as well, so please press away…. whatever you feel about iOS7…

23. macrumors 6502

I honestly want them to bring the general look and feel of it to the Mac, as well. I love the way the notification centre is laid out.

Imagine the notifications popping up or sliding down on OS X like they do in iOS7. Love it!

The only problem I have is the wallpaper scaling issue but it's not that big a deal.

24. macrumors G3

I have notifications on Mountain Lion.

25. macrumors 6502

I'm talking the style/UI - especially with the new notification centre and today list.