Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

brainwave89

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 7, 2006
All of a sudden my iMac with Leopard has been shutting down. When I ran DiskWarrior it noted I had six overlapping content files but it couldn't resolve it when it tried to rebuild the directorys.
The error was (2175 -1).

Is this a sign my hard drive is going south?

Thank you for looking.

RutkowskiS

macrumors newbie
Jul 31, 2014
Did you ever find out how to fix this on your machine?

Did you ever find out how to fix this on your machine? I've got an identical situation and error-code with DiskWarrior.

Thanks.

thedeske

macrumors 6502a
Feb 17, 2013
Hmm?
http://supportdb.alsoft.com:591/FMP...tml&-script=counter&-token=179&-Skip=96&-find

Does the option key thing still work?

These are some of the tips that people have posted on macosxhints.com

I am not sure of how many people out there are aware of this, but when running DiskWarrior, if you simply hold down the Option key on the keyboard, the Rebuild button will change into a Scavenge button. Scavenge is a more-thorough scan and repair than is Rebuild.
Here's another tip I accidentally discovered the other day: You know the Disk Warrior Preview window with the side-to-side directory comparison that you only seem to get while booted to the DW CD? Run DW while booted to a hard drive. Hit F6 (or Fn-F6 on a portable). Thank Alsoft for their incredible lack of documentation. The option key trick for Scavenge is in the manual but this is nowhere to be found. Been using the OSX version since it came out and have been wishing the preview thing was available on my diag HD ever since...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.