1. vkapoormd macrumors member

Has anyone had problems w/ OWC RAM, especially in a G5?

2. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....I have purchased RAM from them a couple times, for a couple different computers, and it worked flawlessly, as did the processor upgrade I put in my old beige G3. Are you perhaps concerned about this one person's rant over at MacNN? (sorry for linking to another board). I've yet to hear of anyone else having any problems with otherworld ram in their G5....oh yeah!

3. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I bought a 1gb module for my PB 12" (Samsung) and have not had an issue. Good people to deal with. And none of the browser pricing games from Crucial.

4. invaLPsion macrumors 65816

invaLPsion

OWC is awesome. Theirs is the only ram I ever use and it works flawlessly. Their ram even scores higher in xBench than Crucial's. I've never ever had a problem with OWC.

5. TranceClubMusic macrumors regular

TranceClubMusic

OWC G5 RAM

Why does OWC show two options for the 1 GIG PC3200 DDR400 RAM? One price is $175.00 the other one is $220??

6. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...one is their "own" branded stuff, the other is "Techworks" brand...no different than if you look at NewEgg.com and see diff prices for the diff brands they carry....oh yeah!

7. seamuskrat macrumors 6502a

seamuskrat

I must say the folks at Other World know their stuff and stand by their products.

I have bought a number of CPU upgrades, and RAM upgrades and all have proven flawless performers. I have bought the OWC brand often. Their technical support folks are great in my experience as well.

As for G5 RAM, I do not know from first hand knowledge at OWC. I do know that my employer uses generic RAM from a mass retailer called Fry's here in CA and there are no problems to date.