Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
3 out of the 4 hard drive enclosures I bought recently from OWC were faulty.

Last edited:

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
drlunanerd said:
I've never had to pay to return defective goods that a supplier has sent me.

Actually it has been the opposite for me. I never heard of not paying shipping to return a defective item?

livingfortoday

macrumors 68030
Nov 17, 2004
The Msp
Foxglove9 said:
Actually it has been the opposite for me. I never heard of not paying shipping to return a defective item?

Apple for example will send you a prepaid FedEx label that you print out and slap on your Macs box. Then you just drop it off or have it picked up by FedEx at no cost to you.

I've had to return a few defective items to OWC before, and yeah, while I do find that irritating, I'd say the majority of places that deal by mail don't pay your return shipping.

Keebler

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2005
Canada
drlunanerd said:
3 out of the 4 hard drive enclosures I bought recently from OWC were faulty.

I've just had to pay expensive return shipping to them and OWC will not refund me for it.

I've never had to pay to return defective goods that a supplier has sent me.

OWC say that if they send you the wrong goods then they'll pay for return shipping, but if the goods arrive smashed to bits or not working at all, it's your problem and you have to pay to get them back to OWC.

I won't buy anything from OWC again having been stung by this unfair policy. They've lost a customer for life and I'll advise my clients and friends not to use them in future :(

did you read over any fine print from their return policy? i've never bought anything from them before so i'm not being smart...just a suggestion. i've actually never heard for a company refunding for shipping costs. i've heard of them refunding for faulty products, but not for shipping back to them.

good luck though.
keebler

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
Keebler said:
did you read over any fine print from their return policy? i've never bought anything from them before so i'm not being smart...just a suggestion. i've actually never heard for a company refunding for shipping costs. i've heard of them refunding for faulty products, but not for shipping back to them.

good luck though.
keebler

Last edited:

drlunanerd

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 14, 2004
SpankyPenzaanz said:
Fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me

They were in the same shipment. I was never the fool.

Once bitten, twice shy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.