Owners of AcmeMade bags, please help?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mimidu, Sep 9, 2004.

1. mimidu macrumors newbie

Thinking of buying a bag from AcmeMade for my Powerbook:

http://www.acmemade.com/bags.html

I have looked everywhere for pictures of this bag, but have not found anything except those on the above website.

Is there anyone who own this bag and have or can take some pictures of it in real life? Could you please, please, pleeaaaase post them? :)

Thank you so much!!

2. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i have one in black. not to be smart, but it looks just like the picture shown on the acme site. what about their pictures is insufficient for you? it would be helpful if you specified what you would like pictures of that is different from what's already available on the site... :)

i could probably take some pictures for you this afternoon if i can leave work early...

marianne

3. mimidu thread starter macrumors newbie

Many times when you buy something from the net the product looks terrific on the website since the picture is taken by professional photographers, but looks different when you get them. That is why I wanted to see the bag "in real life" - not against a simple white background as on the site... :) But if the ACME is exactly as on the pics, that is great.

Would love some pics of the bag with a computer in it. Also, is it weighed down by the computer, so the area around the handles are "stretched out" when you walk around with the bag? How is the fit for a powerbook? The size of the thing, relative to the computer? How thick is the padding?

Thanks!

PS. Sorry if my English is not that great... :)

4. r6girl Administrator/Editor

r6girl

Staff Member

i understand - real-life usage is different than how products are often portrayed on a web site.

unfortunately, i left work in a hurry this afternoon and left my acme bag there. but i do plan to stop by work on sunday and pick up some paperwork and i'll get it then and can take some pictures for you.

if i remember correctly (i use the bag mostly with my work laptop, which is quite a bit lighter than my powerbook), the fabric around the handles does stretch a little. it's not very old, so i'm not sure how that will affect the bag over a long period of time. the fit is pretty snug - i can't fit another notebook or anything else in there with the laptop. the padding is very good - no concerns about any bumps causing any damage to the laptop. my only gripe is that the zippered pocket on the back barely allows anything aside from a magazine or a folder - putting the power brick in that pocket makes a pretty obvious bulge. just a little bothersome for me since i like the clean lines of the bag and that ruins it a little. but the need for the power brick usually supercedes any aesthetic preferences!

your english is great, by the way! i'll try to take some pictures on sunday, if someone else doesn't get some to you first...

marianne

5. FuzzyBallz macrumors 6502a

FuzzyBallz