All iPads Owners of full sized iPad: Have you used your iPad much since getting your mini?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by Jacoblee23, Nov 3, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

I almost feel bad, because I have only used my ipad 3 for Netflix while I browsed on the mini :D. The size is just so damn convenient and I can type fast as hell in portrait mode. I love my mini.

2. macrumors regular

Probably fairer to ask this question in a month or two tbh

3. macrumors 65816

The mini is an excitIng device used it for last day, but I finding the small fonts not as easy to read as the full size, it was a pleasure to fire up the retina again.

4. macrumors 68020

gmanist1000

I'm using the Mini more (obviously because its brand new) but I'll probably end up selling my iPad 3.

5. macrumors 6502a

Not using my iPad 3 at all. Trying to sell it for a decent price (thanks apple!).

Other than the yellow corner pissing me off, I don't want to keep noticing the difference between my minis display and the iPad 3's retina. It really is a non-issue unless comparing them side by side.

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Yeah, true.

7. macrumors regular

I gave my iPad 2 to my daughter, so none...

8. macrumors regular

My mini is on charge, has done 20% in 30 mins on the 10w charger from my ipad 3.

I am using my ipad 3 to type this and dam it feels heavy!

9. macrumors 6502a

I haven't used mine much, but that's because this device is new. I'll see how things are in a week or so. It's still a bit odd since its a smaller device. The screen doesn't help either when you visit sites like this.

10. HowardSmith, Nov 3, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2012

macrumors 6502a

I am already back on the iPad 3 as I did not like the mini. Can't wait till my 4 LTE arrives in three weeks.

11. macrumors newbie

Using the 3 now as DH has borrowed the Mini for a test drive. ;)

12. macrumors 6502a

jazz1

Can you say why you didn't like the iPad mini? I've got a 4 LTE on order but I'm going back to the Apple Store to check out the mini again.

13. macrumors regular

To my surprise I haven't used it at all. The mini may replace it in my bag...

14. Guest

My Mini has gotten more attention. Still loving the iPad 4 though. The two, as a pair, compliment each other.

15. macrumors 65816

Agreed, this will be a more relevant question once the new car smell has worn off

16. macrumors member

If the mini were retina, I probably hardly every use my 3 again. But it's nice to get that retina refresher after a while, especially web pages. But I will say that I can't imagine playing games on the 3 again since the Mini is such an absolutely perfect size for it.

17. macrumors 68020

AJsAWiz

No, I sold it :eek:
    For me, one iPad (and one iPhone, and one one iMac and one iPod) was enough. ;)

18. macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    How so? To me, that seems like saying that an 11" MacBook Air compliments a 13" MacBook Air.

I can't wrap my head around the reason that any one person would want or need to use two iPads.

19. macrumors 601

ixodes

yes i do, a lot.

20. macrumors G3

mattopotamus

Agreed. If I use my iPad while in bed surfing...I would use the mini the same

21. Guest

Two different form factors = two different ways to use. You're going to find different uses for a 1/2lb tablet and a 1.5lb tablet.

Full sized iPad gets the heavy duty apps and games, while the mini gets the lightweight stuff and works as my streaming/mobile device.

It's also why I went with 64GB on the full size, and a 16GB on the Mini.

Comparing them to two different sized notebooks isn't really fair - the usage on both is the same for the notebooks, while the usage on the two iPads is greatly different.

22. macrumors 6502a

Yup since getting the mini, I appreciate the retina screen even more now! I forgot they used to make LCD screens so bad! Don't think I'll keep the mini.

iPad 3/4 = quality
    iPad mini = kwality

23. macrumors 6502

I had a habit of holding the iPad in portrait mode when surfing the web. But because of the small fonts I found myself holding the iPad in landscape to make the fonts larger.

24. macrumors 65816

Too soon to ask this I think. I've only spent about 4 hours on mine so far. I'm loving it and will likely sell my ipad 3 in a few weeks if all continues to go well with the mini.

25. macrumors demi-god

GeekLawyer

The post is coming from inside the house!
    That's my thinking. I use my iPad to read, surf, and light Netflix and light productivity. I can't imagine using an iPad mini differently.

I've spent some time with a mini. To me, the usage is the same as an iPad. So the comparison with notebooks seems apt. But I appreciate your response.