Oxford Superlex Dictionary.

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by igmolinav, Aug 30, 2005.

1. macrumors 6502a

Hi !!!

I have the Oxford Superlex Dictionary (Spanish, English, French, and German, altogether).

I wonder if the same dictionary makes a version for Mac, or if you know of a better dictionary.

Thank you,

Ignacio molina.

2. macrumors 603

It appears...

http://www.oup.co.uk/ep/prodsupp/ref/obilingd/

...that there was an ancient Mac version of an app like what you're describing, and it *may* still run in Classic if you can find a copy. That's all I can find, though. Tiger, of course, has the OED built-in, but only in English.

3. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hi !!!

Thank you for your kind response.
    Actually, that is the CD I have for the Oxford dictionaries. I wonder, if you think, this CD could work on a new ibook, that is what I don´t understand because the requirement they ask for is MacOS 7.5 and the new computers come with Tiger?

Thank you,

Ignacio Molina.

4. macrumors 68000

SpaceMagic

It could work, but it wont work natively in Tiger. Your new iBook will come with the "Classic Environment" which will emulate the old Mac OS (now named 'Classic' was OS 9). However, it sounds like this Dictionary application is pretty old (as it only requires OS 7.5) so may not work at all.