Ozzy itching to get back in the studio

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by lamemodem, Mar 7, 2006.

1. lamemodem macrumors member

lamemodem

Anybody think this guy can still rock?

NEW YORK (Billboard) - Ozzy Osbourne has cut back on his Ozzfest performances, but the Prince of Darkness is still in work mode.

ADVERTISEMENT

The singer for Black Sabbath, who will be inducted next Monday into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame during a New York ceremony, plans on returning to the recording studio this year.

"I'm gonna get with (guitarist) Zakk (Wylde) soon and start hopefully writing a new studio (album). I've gotta get a studio album this year," Osbourne told Billboard.com. "I'm well overdue."

The last time Wylde and Osbourne recorded a set of new material together was the 2001 Epic effort "Down to Earth." When he hasn't been performing with Osbourne, Wylde has toured and recorded with his own band, Black Label Society. His popularity as a solo musician was cemented in January when he received a star on Hollywood's RockWalk.

Osbourne is also still involved in the musical "Rasputin," which has been a work-in-progress for 10 years. He says there is "a lot of interest" in the project about the Russian monk who was notoriously difficult to kill.

Asked if the play would be an out-and-out musical, Osbourne replies, "I don't know, because I've never done it before. It's something I've always wanted to do. It's gonna be drama, I suppose. Some f---ing guy says, 'Oh yeah man, I can see it now: These silver things come out of the sky ...' I don't want 'Star Trek' meets f---ing Russia. I want it kind of like authentic, like 'Fiddler on the Roof' meets f---ing 'Phantom."'

Reuters/Billboard

2. mac.FINN macrumors member

3. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Currently, Ozzy can't believe it's not butter. Not too sure about his rocking ability.

4. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Meh

Ozzy's a sellout now. Not really interested in him.

5. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

If the Rolling Stones are still (barely) doing it then why can't Ozzy?

6. Lord Blackadder macrumors G5

Lord Blackadder

Ozzy/the Stones were cutting edge approximately one million years ago...now they're just dirty old men with funny clothes.

7. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

couldn't have said it better myself.

8. Bubbasteve macrumors 65816

Bubbasteve

Well there is no denying that

9. calebjohnston macrumors 68000

calebjohnston

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Just lock the studio door. Keep him away. the washed up fool.

Now the Stones. They've still got a bit of talent left. "Changes" made me lose a lot of faith in the Ozzy guy.