Ozzy Osbourne: I've got a 40Gb iPod.

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by RBMaraman, Jan 27, 2003.

1. RBMaraman macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

According to MacMinute, if you go to the Pepsi Twist website and view Episode #2 of the behind the scenes footage of the new Pepsi Twist commercial, featuring Ozzy Osbourne, Ozzy states that he has a 40Gb iPod. Donny Osmond remarks that he has a 20Gb iPod, then Ozzy states that he recently received a 40Gb model from Apple. So, I'd venture to say that iPod updates are coming really soon.

2. morlium macrumors regular

I'm not quite sure how much I would trust Ozzy Osbourne's accuracy ...

3. OSeXy! macrumors regular

... Or maybe it's like Spinal Tap: "Our amplifiers go up to... ELEVEN!". Not sure I would trust Ozzie's memory, at any rate... No doubt there will be 40Mb iPods in the future - just not sure he's got one.

4. Goblin2099 macrumors member

Anyone actually watch the clip? It has nothign to do with Ozzy...Donny Osmond is talking about a conversation he had with Jack, the son. Donny says "Jack and I were looking at each others iPods, I have a twenty gig, he has a forty (but of course he didn't know what I was talking about)..." and then they joke about how he doesn't have any of the Osmonds' music on his iPod. Sounds accurate to me, it'll be fun seeing if Apple legal has the clout to pull a clip off the Pepsi site. Donny sees Jack's iPod, notices that its' a forty gig and doesn't realize that that's supposed to be hush-hush, then offhandedly mentions it by accident. Assuming Apple gave one to Jack Osbourne like they gave powerbooks to celebrities for their MWSF presentation, only Jack would be held to an NDA, not Donny.

5. steve-not-jobs macrumors newbie

Its Donny who says "I checked out Jack's iPod - he has a 40 Gig and I have a 20". So Jack Osbourne has a 40 gigger.......I want one too.

6. rice_web macrumors 6502a

rice_web

One thing I have to mention:

Does it matter if a celebrity has a 40GB iPod? Hell, Apple Engineers probably have loads of Apple inventions that never went to market. Maybe the 40GB iPod is another centimeter thicker... you just never know.

Granted, I do believe a 40GB iPod is on the way, but I wouldn't expect it until March at the earliest. (can you imagine a 40GB iPod? All the system files and documents you can imagine)

7. King Cobra macrumors 603

I think's Ozzy's got more sense to want to buy a 40GB iPod over a 40Mb iPod. :p :D

>Does it matter if a celebrity has a 40GB iPod? Hell, Apple Engineers probably have loads of Apple inventions that never went to market. Maybe the 40GB iPod is another centimeter thicker... you just never know.

Does it matter if M. Jordan stars on the Hanes tagless shirt commercial, or if Britney guest stars in a Pepsi commercial, or if Yao Ming and "Mini-Me" star in the Aluminum Powerbook mock commercial? It may not be important to Apple, but it is important for corporations in general. Everyone wants to be recognized nowadays. And those with a decent sudden "audiance capture factor" (suddenly there's this guy on the scene, and so many people are talking about him) will receive more publicity and more money, regardless of what company he supports. So, yes, it does matter.

Oh, and a 1cm thicker iPod would be just big enough to carry in your kiddie lunchbox, considering the iPod is already 2.1cm thin.

8. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

Hopefully, Apple will come out with a 40 GB iPod soon, discontinue the 5 GB, and have the 10 GB be $299. That would be awesome! :D

9. daniel77 macrumors 6502

10. RaNdOm macrumors regular

RaNdOm

I watched it...

...ok, so I watched the clip and i don't think that Donny has a clue what he's talking about as well. I think that he may be confused as to what size of harddrive is in Jack's iPod. And Marie has no idea what Gb means...which is the point Donny was trying to get across...just my thoughts

11. Das macrumors regular

Dang, I've seen that guy try to operate a tv remote control. Just think of the abuse that poor little thing has been subjected to. dang, just imagine the onslaught of profanity as he tries to find which slot to put his cds.

12. King Cobra macrumors 603

It could be worse...instead of feeding his CD player, he could be feeding his bird, which basically says "F*** you" when it means "Hi." :rolleyes:

I agree, though, I wouldn't trust Ozzy grabbing hold of an iPod, a simple gadget, and have foreshadowing nightmares of having my beauty damaged. I'm not if I trust him having a 40GB model in his hands, even if it costs a million dollars. :(