P-day - July 21st, Harry Potter Final Chapter - Who's In?

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by Cleverboy, Jul 15, 2007.

?

Who's Going to Buy a Copy of Harry Potter on P-Day?

1. I'm definitely picking up a book/audio book

66 vote(s)
    74.2%
  2. I'm not quite sure yet...

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Probably not, no

13 vote(s)
    14.6%
  4. No! I'm sick of hearing about Potter! Good riddance!

8 vote(s)
    9.0%
  5. Harry who? The boy who what?

2 vote(s)
    2.2%
  1. macrumors 65816

Cleverboy

Pocket Universe, nth Dimensional Complex Manifold
    http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/idUSL1285240420070715?feedType=RSS

So, we've all lived through iDay, and the most HYPED consumer product of all time. Now, we'll be facing "P-Day", the most hyped book release of all time. You've heard the news reports, read the stories, so who's going to be picking up a copy?

~ CB

2. macrumors 603

janey

Amazon is mailing me a copy that should arrive Saturday morning :)

Yum.

3. macrumors 65816

it5five

I just ordered it on Amazon. I wasn't planning on pre-ordering, but I saw they guaranteed a Saturday delivery with the standard shipping, or I would get the book for free. Can't beat that.

I'm sure Amazon will do everything in their power to make sure that those copies arrive on Saturday, but it at least saves me a trip to the bookstore.

4. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'm going to wait a while. I just ordered some HD DVDs from Amazon.com and considered throwing HP in there too, then realised that I'd get the US version :eek:

5. macrumors 68030

ReanimationLP

I'll be busy at Otakon. :D

So I guess count me out.

Plus then, I never really was that interested in it.

6. macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I'll be in the queue at midnight in my local Tesco's. I wonder if the two on-duty police officers will be queuing for their copies like last time?

7. macrumors 604

ravenvii

I'll definitely be buying the book. But I won't stand in long lines for it or anything.

8. macrumors Core

Dagless

I'm going to the midnight launch with Caroline and her sister, WHSmiths in Oldham.

9. macrumors 6502a

I'm just pre-ordering it on Barnes & Noble....

10. macrumors 603

swiftaw

Going to have to wait till October until my parents visit from England and bring me my UK edition.
    Also, can I ask in advance that people clearly mark any threads that will contain spoilers, so I don't accidentally stumble across them. Thanks

11. macrumors 6502a

new imac, touchscreen ipod, deathly hallows. What a summer.

i reckon hagrid and ron will be dead. snape will die once or just before we all find out that hes not evil,

I want to know more about lily and the function of the veil in ootp. Half blood didnt answer as many questions as i hoped it would have.

Whats wrong with the us edition. Its got the best cover. I dont like the pic on the UK one.

12. jsw
    Moderator emeritus

jsw

I just pre-ordered it on Amazon.

$17, free delivery, $5 off coupon. So, For $12, I don't need to stand in line, and won't be tempted to stay up until 7AM reading it. Instead, I'll rest Friday night, and read it Saturday. :)

13. macrumors 604

ravenvii

Yeah, I agree that the US covers are better than the UK ones. Many people disagree with us, though. And apparently they changed some things in the US version and people didn't like that. I don't really care about all that, though.

14. macrumors 68040

ghall

Pre-ordered from Amazon the other day, so I should be getting it Saturday.

I also may be getting a job at Walden Books this week so I might have to work the Harry Potter shift. :(

I love the UK covers. I have books 1-5 shipped right from Amazon.co.uk. I hope to get 6 and 7 eventually. Until then I still have the US editions.

15. Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Here's a list of differences. Of course, it helps if all the covers match too :)

16. macrumors regular

-kritter-

taking a trip to boarders that day hopefully, and hopefully there will be a copy left. There isnt much of a hype about it where i live so i think ill be able to get my hands on a copy...cant wait :D

17. macrumors 6502a

d_and_n5000

I'm going to the local Border's Saturday morning to pick up my copy, i preordered it something like in March:eek:. I went to the midnight party for Order of the Phoenix, but it was absolutely nuts. There from 8-12, and there wasn't that much to do, although my cousin and I got on TV because she was first in line for a 'Quidditch' game that they had, so they taped her doing it and i was right behind her. Then I just did the same thing I'm doing now for the sixth. I still intend to have that thing read by 12am Sunday, mark my words.

18. macrumors 68020

question fear

Don't be sad, it's awesomely fun to work a Potter release! I was a sales manager for Borders when HP6 came out, it was probably one of the best nights I ever worked at Borders! Tons of fun, everyone is so excited and such!

19. macrumors 65816

I'll probably head to the local Kroger (grocery store) at midnight to pick up my copy. That's what I've done for the last three books.

20. macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

I pre-ordered it at Barnes and Nobles but I will be going and standing just to be part of the hysteria with my friends. It's pretty fun and they are having this whole party with food and stuff at the Barnes and Nobles so it should be fun :)

21. macrumors 6502a

I pre-ordered from Amazon back in February. I just hope the mailman moves quickly! We're at the very end of our route, sometimes the mail doesn't come until late afternoon. I have to work in the morning anyway, so hopefully it won't be too bad.

22. macrumors 6502a

iHerzeleid

23. Moderator emeritus

devilot

Damn you.

I've ordered it. :eek:

*raises hand* I looove the UK covers! I bought the Phoenix when I was in London a few summers back. :eek: I would have bought more but we were quite a long ways away from the hotel and I didn't fancy lugging so many hardcover books all day long and my luggage was already getting quite full (in regards to flying back).

For some reason, I thought they didn't ship internationally. :eek: Hm... thanks a lot. More stuff that I'm tempted to buy with what precious little money I have. Hehe.

24. macrumors Core

iBlue

pre-ordered about a month ago from amazon.co.uk

I can't wait to get it! :eek:

25. macrumors 68000

dextertangocci

I'm going to get the audiobook if it's available on the same day on the ITS. Will it be?