Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Counterfit

macrumors G3
Original poster
Aug 20, 2003
sitting on your shoulder
Can you smell it in the air? The smell of competition, leather, ash, and beer that the guy behind you spilled on your back.
That's right, it's October, and the MLB playoffs are under way.

Day one results:
SDG 5 @ STL 8
BOS 2 @ CHW 14 :)()
NYY 4 @ LAA 2 :)()

I'm not too worried about the R-Sox.

Yet. '00 and '03, they came back from 0-2 deficits to win their ALDS. And we all know what happened last year, so I wouldn't read too much into tonight's embarrassment. Wells is pitching tomorrow, and he's won his last three starts, so tomorrow's game should be a little more even in run production...

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
Counterfit said:
Can you smell it in the air? The smell of competition, leather, ash, and beer that the guy behind you spilled on your back.
That's right, it's October, and the MLB playoffs are under way.

Day one results:
SDG 5 @ STL 8
BOS 2 @ CHW 14 :)()
NYY 4 @ LAA 2 :)()

I'm not too worried about the R-Sox.

Yet. '00 and '03, they came back from 0-2 deficits to win their ALDS. And we all know what happened last year, so I wouldn't read too much into tonight's embarrassment. Wells is pitching tomorrow, and he's won his last three starts, so tomorrow's game should be a little more even in run production...

Cards all the way! Of course, I'm not biased :D

Kwyjibo

macrumors 68040
Nov 5, 2002
hoping against the Cardinials / W. Sox series ... yanks are the team to beat, sadly i'm telling you guys.

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
Man, the St. Louis fans are coming out in full force! Chalk another hometown fan up, right here. GO CARDS! This is our year! :)

I am QUITE relieved that (Cardinals' ace) Carpenter was just dehydrated and that he isn't injured. He is vital to this team.

I didn't get to see the Yanks/Angels game last night, which was probably the best game of all three yesterday. The Cards game was fun to watch (for me) and I caught a couple of innings of the ChiSox game...enough to see them beat up on Boston. The Braves/Astros game should be entertaining today.

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
Cards vs. RedSox = Cards in 6 games. I think St. Louis is due. LaRussa is third, I believe, in post-season wins. Will definitely root against anything Steinbrenner, the modern day ruination of MLB as we knew it. I didn't realize there were so many STL fans in here. I grew up at Sportman's Park, ya, Musial, Flood, Javier, later Gibson and the whole cast....even Enos Slaughter for those who remember :cool:

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
I think the Red Sox will have a hard road ahead, don't forget no Pedro or Lowe to fall back on this year. The Yankees have a free game to play with tonight which should take the pressure off of Wang tonight, The Padres are done, not like they ever had a shot to begin with. This Braves Astros game should be a good one tonight.

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
So the Braves get hammered and the Red Sox lose again, I can see the Red Sox bandwagon speeding down the hill out of control. :p

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
The reason the Yankees gave up on Wells is for the exact reason of what happened tonight.

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
MacNut said:
The reason the Yankees gave up on Wells is for the exact reason of what happened tonight.

:confused: :confused:

because his team made defensive errors that allowed extra runs to score?

do you have any idea what you're talking about??

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
gwuMACaddict said:

was that second question sarcasm

notice yankee fan, of course he has no idea what he is talking about, just a mindless bad taste drone

;)

MacNut

macrumors Core
Jan 4, 2002
CT
gwuMACaddict said:

Was the 3 run Home run a defensive error?

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
MacNut said:
Was the 3 run Home run a defensive error?

um... the inning would have been OVER if the error hadn't been committed.

i don't think that a yankee fan should be finger pointing, making fun of other team's pitching strength, or lack thereof, this year. what do you have- two rookies with no post season experience starting this series? please...

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
eva01 said:
Grafinnino is a worthless crap bastard. And so is clement (i have always hated clement anyways)

*cries*

They are indeed both worthless crap bastards.

Ah for the days of Pokey Reese and Derek Lowe ...

Think we could use Pedro about now?

gwuMACaddict

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2003
washington dc
clement pitched some stellar games for the red sox this year... pretty lousy to be jumping off his bandwagon so quickly.

red sox and yankee fans are either diehards, or flakes. never in between. they're two very polarizing clubs.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
gwuMACaddict said:
clement pitched some stellar games for the red sox this year... pretty lousy to be jumping off his bandwagon so quickly.

red sox and yankee fans are either diehards, or flakes. never in between. they're two very polarizing clubs.

I never liked Clement on the Cubs either.

This is no bandwagon thing, this is just hating this player.

Just like i love jim Edmonds no matter what team he is on

I know a lot about baseball, way too much watching and studying it

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004
eva01 said:
I never liked Clement on the Cubs either.

This is no bandwagon thing, this is just hating this player.

Just like i love jim Edmonds no matter what team he is on

I know a lot about baseball, way too much watching and studying it

When St. Louis falls in love with a player, it's usually for life. They've been nuts over Edmonds, and rightly so. I think he has one of the prettiest swings in baseball. The only negative spin on him is that he gets hurt. I hope he stays healthy all the way, this time. I'm standing with the Cards all the way, but it doesn't look good for Boston.
P.S. And I hope you get past your creativity block....it'll happen.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.