P2P integrated into Vista.

Discussion in 'Community' started by G5Unit, Aug 20, 2005.

1. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

I wonder what the point of this feature is? It doesn't sound like its for personal files sharing. Maybe they are thinking of distributing windows updates this way to cut down on server load.

2. G5Unit thread starter macrumors 68020

G5Unit

So now instead of Microsoft distributing their updates, they make the users distribute it for them? That's like 1984ish.

3. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

LOL... well we've all seen the commercial.

It might not be a bad idea if they come up with a way for machines to automatically update like within the first hour of the update release. That way as soon as MS releases the update, the file begins going out to machines everywhere and its only a matter of like an hour or two before every machine is updated.

It does sounds pretty 1984ish, but it would have stopped this latest worm. Not that I care, its not like I'll ever own a vista computer.

4. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

So basily you/I hope they get more infected so all the mac users can laugh/get entertainment from all the stories. :p

But i really do wonder what theyre going to use it for. It seems sort of cheep they want theyre users to help pass updates out.