p2p problems

Discussion in 'macOS' started by placebo, Oct 11, 2005.

1. placebo macrumors member

Hi: my college dorm connection isn't letting me load up acquisition.. it just sits there trying to connect.. however I know it's possible to download because my friends -- who do use PCs and a different p2p program -- are able to connect. does anyone have any ideas?

2. iGary Guest

iGary

3. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

For goodness sakes, don't answer... its like a volleyball player setting up his teammate for the slam...

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

4. iGary Guest

iGary

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

i have an idea dont use it!! cuz i'll wager you not using for Pro-iTunes reason, if you get what i mean! :p

6. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

I know, I know, but we have to go through the formalities... you know the drill, there are legitimate uses for P2P, etc. Discussions about P2P software are OK as long as you don't talk about the forbidden fruit of such software.

As long as he doesn't tell us why he is using it, somebody can help him set it up. :eek:

Woof, Woof – Dawg [​IMG]

7. placebo thread starter macrumors member

personal reasons.

8. ArkabaS macrumors member

ArkabaS

Acquisition also barely works at my school. It connects to the gnutella network but the downloads are limited to a maximum of 5 kbps, which is terrible. Some schools have very restricted networks that block certain connections. At my school, everyone uses Direct Connect and it works great, except that the mac version of DC is awful.

Dudes, chill out about the p2p thing. There is absolutely nothing wrong with sharing files between people - that is sort of what the internet was founded on.