P2p

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ddk121, May 31, 2006.

1. ddk121 macrumors 6502

Since getting a Mac, I seem to miss P2P sharing. I have found this P2P software, www.gottsilla.net , amd am wondering if it's any good? Also, will P2P give a mac a virus?

2. Fearless Leader macrumors 68020

No you will not get viruses. Their are maybe 5 viruses for the mac, their all easy to fix and maybe 50 people got them. I was one of those 50 and all i had to do was deselect it from my startup menu, restart, and delete the file.
    i like http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/acqlite/Acqlite-0.2.8.dmg.
    Thats the download link. I cant find the homepage...

3. cyberdogl2 macrumors regular

althought i'm a huge bittorrent user nowadays, i use bt and poisoned and those are the only two programs i use. poisoned is nice i can find almost all the songs i look for, uh.. songs that i already own that is. Anyway, the only harmful thing i've heard from using p2p is that one time there was ms office on one of the p2p services and it turned out to be some sort of crazy malware. other than that you're pretty much safe i havent had anything happen to me thus far.

4. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

MUCKYFINGERS

5. quigleybc macrumors 68030

quigleybc

Beautiful Vancouver British Columbia, Canada

Ya dude...I downloaded it....and if by Malware, you mean an app that looked like MS word, but was actually a script to delete your whole Home folder..than ya.

Ever since then, P2P is a thing of the past for me..I learned my lesson.

6. billchase2 macrumors 68000

billchase2

ouch!!!