P900 iSync and Mac compatibility

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by modogg, Jun 15, 2004.

1. modogg macrumors newbie

Jun 12, 2004
    I'm contemplating of getting a pda/phone, and the P900 looks like what i want. But lookin through the net, n found it very difficult to find any software that is mac compatible, or has mac desktops.
    Does anyone here have a P900? Have you had trouble synching with iSync and the Mac Apps, and what software is available for it.
  2. josepho macrumors regular

Mar 12, 2004
    Surrey, England
    Well, I've had a P900 for about 6 months now, and I must say it syncs very well with iSync, and works well for internet connectivity too (Bluetooth & GPRS). I got a Motorola V600 yesterday, and it doesn't work with iSync at all - I had to download (and pay $10) for some third-party software to let me sync my contacts... Oh well, at least it lets me connect easily to the 'net!

As far as phone/pda combinations go, the P900 is top of my list, as its size is actually very reasonable. As far as software is concerned, I didn't ever really download a hell of a lot - didn't really need much that wasn't already there. Bear in mind that there's a little utility called SMan which you should download - it allows you to manage the memory, get full file access, and offers a quick and easy way to Bluejack! Quality!

Good luck, and let us know what you decide!