P90x

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 925AS, Mar 29, 2007.

1. 925AS macrumors member

Has anyone tried P90X? If you do, did you buy the recovery formula or do you think you need it?

I am thinking about using it, but I am not sure if I should or not. Any advice would be great.

2. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

WTH is P90X??

Context, please.

3. rumbletum macrumors regular

Never tried it, but theres a good independent review here

Also I have seen the videos, and it does look like a good comprehensive system

4. 925AS thread starter macrumors member

Its a workout program that focuses on muscle confusion.

5. 925AS thread starter macrumors member

The review helped out, maybe I will try it.

Though I am still looking for an answer to the recovery formula.

6. smokeyrabbit macrumors 6502

In 2005 I lost 30 lbs doing P90. Then after a month break (over Christmas holidays) I started P90X. I only made it through about 60 days before I got a couple rounds of flu and then I decided I was going to cut back because I needed to stop being so sore. It is a very fun workout, TH is truly the man, and the recovery drink tastes really good afterwards, but it is easy to push yourself too hard. I was constantly sore, but it made a huge difference to my 90-lb weakling appearance, so now I'm more like 120 lb weakling.

I tried some of the other brands of recovery drinks and I don't know that it makes too much of a difference as long as you have something. There is lots of flexibility to the diets and type of routines that you do, too.

7. Iscariot macrumors 68030

Iscariot

P90x works. It's a workout program without significant gimmickry or ridiculous machines or unfounded principles. And for that it's great, but it does the same thing any other good workout routine would do, and aside from shifting the number of reps you do, there's not an awful lot of goal-specific targeting outside of weight loss. If you're looking to lose some weight without a gym membership or a personal trainer, there probably aren't many other home programs of this calibre, and to that end I recommend it. I think it's as solid a program as you can get on DVD without a whole slew of home equipment.

8. azsromej macrumors newbie

I tried it over the summer and enjoyed it. The hardest(ish) part was following the nutrition plan while eating out. I studied and eventually became familiar with what constituted a single serving and also made an iphone app to help me tap off and track the portions.

I also tried a bootcamp (run around in the local park and exercise with a group) program and it was similar to p90x, but less intense.

9. ndprunner22 macrumors member

ndprunner22

I have been doing P90X for the last 2 months and love it. The key is to make sure you get enough protein in your diet, if you are feeling really sore you should try upping your protein. I also use the my90X iPhone App to track all my workouts.

10. eternlgladiator macrumors 68000

eternlgladiator

It's a great workout plan but I don't think you need to spend a ton on their recovery drink stuff. Just stop into a place like GNC and tell them what you're doing and what you want and they'll help you find the right stuff. Probably for a lot cheaper. I think its a great workout but its so easy to skip when the only person policing yourself is you. I've been doing personal training at the gym for about 4 weeks now and its way way better. I just like having somebody there to push you and say one more rep. You need to make full lifestyle changes if you want real results though. Eat right, work out right and don't cheat. You're only hurting yourself. I would also recommend checking out insanity. You don't need any weights, pull up bars, or bands. It's all body weight exercises.