Pa. gov: Gay marriage is like marriage of siblings

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by likemyorbs, Oct 4, 2013.

1. macrumors 68000

likemyorbs

How twisted of a bigot do you have to be to make a ridiculous comparison like this? I'm amazed people who think like this actually graduate law school and end up in positions of power. How frickin sick.

LINK

2. macrumors 6502

lannister80

Where do they dig up these Paleolithic politicians? Yeesh, what an asshat.

3. macrumors 68020

sviato

We really need these old guys out of politics, they're living in the past

4. macrumors 68030

G51989

I know lots of freinds who live in PA, and have to go to Philly and Pittsburgh for work quite often, the average person living in PA thinks he's the worst governor the state has ever had, his approval rating is under 30%

5. macrumors 65816

dec.

Well the US aren't particularly known as a progressive country so I can see why the one or other oddball pops up with some weird comparisons... I understand what he was trying to say but it does take a bit more sensitivity to transport the message that your god* whispered into your ear that men shouldn't be getting married than just a "bro and sis aren't allowed to do it either". Eventually real life will catch up to him too, he'll recognize that gay marriage is legal and it's all good.

(*sorry, most of the anti gays eventually come up with their crazy god/religion stuff as reasoning.... ouch)