Packages from the Apple Store

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by ant_s, Nov 13, 2003.

1. ant_s macrumors member

ant_s

Hi,

I have a PowerBook G4 1.25GHz on order (my first Mac!!) and should arrive next week. Along with this I have ordered an iPod, the wireless keyboard, an extra battery and Microsoft Office v.X Professional.

Somewhere I read that Macs purchased from the Apple Store aren't sent in the retail packages but rather in brown boxes. Is this true? Not that it matters but it'd be nice to know.

I assume that the keyboard and Office software will come in retail boxes - just was wondering about the PowerBook and iPod really, as so many people rate the "out the box experience" you get with new Macs.

My apologies if this type of thread has already been posted on the forum - I just didn't have the time to look through all the threads!!

Many thanks,

Antony :D

2. tomf87 macrumors 65816

tomf87

My iMac arrived in a standard retail iMac box with pictures all over it.

3. iGav macrumors G3

don't worry, if it's new they come in the standard, normal fancy pants boxes... that just happen to be inside of brown cardboard boxes whilst in transit....

and yes, the fresh out of box experience is lush!! :D

enjoy!

4. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Yep. When my first powermac arrived back when, I was both elated and a little peeved to see it sitting on my front porch one day when I got home from work. I was glad to have the original packaging, but I distressed me a little that anyone driving by my house could have seen it (and helped themselves). Luckily, I live at the end of the street and there isn't too much drive-by. I don't think the delivery compnay (don't remember if it was UPS or FedEx) were supposed to leave it.

5. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

It comes in a sexy black and silver box covered in plastic and packed in another plain brown box for shipping/protection. Trust me, you will like the box it comes in :D

6. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

my g5 was in the g5 box, with no brown around it

the smaller stuff will be in a brown box, with their original boxes enclosed of course

7. Powerbook G5 macrumors 68040

Powerbook G5

I love my black PowerBook box, in fact, I got a PM a few days later from someone asking me if I'd sell him the box!

8. ant_s thread starter macrumors member

ant_s

Thanks to all of you, I'm really looking forward to getting this now!

For anyone that's interested - this week only 500 PowerBook 15" BTOs are being shipped to the UK.

The courier is TNT in the UK.

Thanks once again,

Antony