Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by neilt, Sep 8, 2003.

1. neilt macrumors regular

May 28, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    for years the state of the way things have been packaged has been an issue with me. I love the way stuff from apple comes. The iPod, iSight are amazing. All of the computers come in amazing packages.
    I set up computers all the time, both Macs and PC's and it is amazing the difference between the two.

Today, I took pictures of 2 machines that i received today. I have posted them at:

it's a show down between Apple and IBM. You be the judge.

2. FattyMembrane macrumors 6502a

Apr 14, 2002
    bat country
    opening my crt imac was an experience in itself. the arrangement of accessories and 4 color printing on different labels and components makes it almost a sacred moment as anticipation builds and you finally get to the computer itself. it's all part of making the experience a memorable one.
  3. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

Nov 22, 2002
    Dude, is that ibm yours too? I can't imagine how dells look in the package :D
  4. neilt thread starter macrumors regular

May 28, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    We stopped buying Dells...the last set of Dell Laptops we received were, I swear, packed upside down. The box had an up arrow on it. So I put the arrow up and opened the top of the box, to see the bottom of the laptop and all the manuals and cd's loose in the bottom of the box.
    This wasn't just one, but 7 of them.
  5. Daveman Deluxe macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Jun 17, 2003
    Corvallis, Oregon
    I remember first opening up my iBook. I almost feel like repacking my iBook just so I can see it in the box again.
  6. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

Jun 19, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    I actually like how Dell ships their desktops. They encase the desktop in foam with an outer section of cardboard that has handles. Above that is a box that just has the accessories/cords/cds/manuals throw in.
    -So take out the accessory box.
    -Grab the handles.
    -Remove the desktop.
    -Flip open the padded case containing the desktop.

I unpacked 60 Dell Optiplex GX240 desktops in about 1/2 hour.

Honestly though. I couldn't care less about how it’s packed as long as it survives the trip intact. The extra "prettiness" of the box itself just adds to the cost of the system something I could do without unless you are planning on building your furniture out of Mac boxes. ;) And the internal layout of the box. *shrugs* as long as I’m not swearing at the thing trying to get it out I’m fine.