Pad & Quill Contega for iPad2

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by Jasmynsway, Jun 4, 2011.

1. macrumors regular

2. glen e, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011

macrumors 68030

I like it and own a P&Q now - terrific case. But I need a bookcase style that allows a better typing position like the old ipad1 case or the smartcover. Also this has no stylus holder which I have to have now. I applaud them for moving the style of the bookcase forward.

3. macrumors member

I like it! Cancel my portenzo order?!?!?!

4. thread starter macrumors regular

I enjoy my P&Q so much I had to by it. I had been looking for a book style case at doubled as a stand. This meets all my requiremens.

Not sure if you should cancel your portenzo order, but I think this case is gonna be awesome.

5. macrumors newbie

This looks really great. Please post a review when you get yours, Jasmynsway!

I've already got both a Portenzo and a Dodocase, and like both very much-- but I would love the stand feature this one has. I agree with glen-- it's nice to see some innovations in the bookcase style.

6. glen e, Jun 4, 2011
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2011

macrumors 68030

the other nice thing about P&Q is there is no need for emails and drama - they ship in a very reasonable time....once released, like 2 weeks or less is my experience...

7. macrumors member

Great case. This is going to sell very well!

8. macrumors member

hmm, is it me or do the covers look thicker than the octavo?

9. thread starter macrumors regular

I looked at that. I'm also wondering about the material that binds then case edge closest to the volume toggle. I figured I'd get it and if I didn't like it return it. I'll post pics and videos when it comes.

10. macrumors 604

mcdj

never understood the appeal of carrying a slim tablet in a wooden box shaped like a book.

11. macrumors 68030

because in many business situations it looks a lot better....

12. thread starter macrumors regular

I agree. It protects the iPad as well as adds a professional and distinct look. It doesn't work for me to keep the iPad naked.

13. macrumors regular

the op is a newbie
    he registered in May
    he is now telling a paticular company is awesome.... spamming is a possibility.

14. macrumors 65816

BlindMellon

..think I'd just rather stick with a Maroo folio case...

15. macrumors newbie

I think this is true. Not everyone cares or wants to see how cool you are depending on the type of work you do. There are always tons of meetings to go to and staying low key and productive can be a good thing.

I don't have the book like case but may consider one.

16. macrumors 68030

it's not - it's a known company here with a new product..and he did not use the word AWESOME or BEST CASE in the title and publish some link to a POS foreign pacific rim company...

17. thread starter macrumors regular

I'm not a spammer. I figured I'd mention that P&Q had a new case out since this is the accessories sections of the forum and I've learned of new products through similar posts by others. It might also be helpful check a member's other posts before making such an accusation.

18. macrumors member

hmm, I hardly think Pad & Quill is some new "unknown" brand around here.

19. macrumors newbie

I see that shipping begins on 6/23. I would love to hear reviews of this case once it's shipped out.