Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

The charging stand has been one of the most popular and ubiquitous third-party accessories for the Apple Watch since the wearable device launched in April. A handful of well-known manufacturers have launched their own versions of a charging solution for the Apple Watch, including Pad & Quill with its Luxury Pocket Stand which debuted alongside the new Apple wearable earlier in the year.

Pad & Quill has now expanded its lineup of Apple Watch accessories with two new charging cradles -- the Timber Catchall and Timber Nightstand -- that hope to provide simple daily solutions for users to rest and charge their Apple Watches. Not only that, but each stand also offers a little extra space to store an iPhone and even the extra bands Apple Watch fans may have accumulated over the past few months.

Timber Nightstand

Pad & Quill sent me a Timber Nightstand in the lighter American Cherry color option, and the $89.95 stand is crafted with the company's usual care to detail and sturdiness. The back of the Nightstand includes an indentation designed to cradle an extra Apple Watch band or two, while the front is meant for the Apple Watch itself. The Nightstand's biggest feature is that it's designed to support the Apple Watch in Nightstand mode, which displays the time and any alarm set in a sideways nighttime-friendly green display.

nightstand-1-800x334.jpg

The Timber Nightstand is also available in a darker American Walnut variety, but that option will cost users $119.95. Both versions function identically, requiring a separate Apple Watch charging cable to be threaded through to the bottom portion of the stand so the inductive charging puck can rest inside of the Timber Nightstand. There's also a small rubberized strip placed right below the carved out portion on the front of the stand so that the Apple Watch's stainless steel or aluminum won't directly come in contact with the Nightstand's wood and get scuffed or scratched.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Pad & Quill Review: Timber Catchall and Nightstand Provide Elegant Apple Watch Charging Solutions

Suspended
Dec 6, 2012
On the one hand it is just a block of wood that someone with a router and the skills could build in about hour (okay some varnish is also needed). But if you think of the time, material and equipment cost, the price is actually not that far off.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida

The charging stand has been one of the most popular and ubiquitous third-party accessories for the Apple Watch since the wearable device launched in April. A handful of well-known manufacturers have launched their own versions of a charging solution for the Apple Watch, including Pad & Quill with its Luxury Pocket Stand which debuted alongside the new Apple wearable earlier in the year.

Pad & Quill has now expanded its lineup of Apple Watch accessories with two new charging cradles -- the Timber Catchall and Timber Nightstand -- that hope to provide simple daily solutions for users to rest and charge their Apple Watches. Not only that, but each stand also offers a little extra space to store an iPhone and even the extra bands Apple Watch fans may have accumulated over the past few months.

Timber Nightstand

Pad & Quill sent me a Timber Nightstand in the lighter American Cherry color option, and the $89.95 stand is crafted with the company's usual care to detail and sturdiness. The back of the Nightstand includes an indentation designed to cradle an extra Apple Watch band or two, while the front is meant for the Apple Watch itself. The Nightstand's biggest feature is that it's designed to support the Apple Watch in Nightstand mode, which displays the time and any alarm set in a sideways nighttime-friendly green display.

nightstand-1-800x334.jpg

The Timber Nightstand is also available in a darker American Walnut variety, but that option will cost users $119.95. Both versions function identically, requiring a separate Apple Watch charging cable to be threaded through to the bottom portion of the stand so the inductive charging puck can rest inside of the Timber Nightstand. There's also a small rubberized strip placed right below the carved out portion on the front of the stand so that the Apple Watch's stainless steel or aluminum won't directly come in contact with the Nightstand's wood and get scuffed or scratched.

Click here to read more...

Article Link: Pad & Quill Review: Timber Catchall and Nightstand Provide Elegant Apple Watch Charging Solutions
Personally, I don't want the 80's to return.

MrGuder

macrumors 68040
Nov 30, 2012
The problem is too much wood and too much empty space of wood, too big, most don't have that much space on a night stand or dresser. What were they thinking?

nick42983

macrumors 6502a
May 18, 2009
Warsaw, Poland
The problem is too much wood and too much empty space of wood, too big, most don't have that much space on a night stand or dresser. What were they thinking?

Hit the nail on the head. Why all the empty space? So we can ooh and aah at the Watch? I have the $12 Spigen stand at it suits me fine. I'm wearing my watch for all of my waking hours so I don't care what it looks like on the stand when it's charging overnight. (same goes for these ridiculous "travel cases" as if you aren't wearing your watch at all times except through security) Even as a decoration it's really bland. Better to have a simple stand on top of a piece of stained glass or wood art. Anything over $50 is crazy.

beanbaguk

macrumors 65816
Mar 19, 2014
Europe
Elegant is definitely subjective. As others have said, it looks like a cheap chopping board / school woodwork project.

It's vile.

And who the hell has a bedside table that big?!! Once I add my lamp, kindle and other junk on there, where would I put this monstrosity?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.