Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creeman

macrumors 6502
Oct 15, 2007
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5288d Safari/7534.48.3)

So many things wrong with this fake it's not even funny. How anyone thought it was legit is beyond me.

13stagestudio

macrumors newbie
Aug 10, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

Nice fake :))

Popman1962

macrumors newbie
Aug 1, 2011
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8H7 Safari/6533.18.5)

May not be 100% accurate but I bet it's not far off.

Lord Appleseed

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2010
Apple Manor
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_5 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8L1 Safari/6533.18.5)

ProwlingTiger said:
Lord Appleseed said:
LOL @ the grammatical mistakes:

"GRÖSSERER DISPLAY" is not right. :rolleyes:
There is no direct translation of the mistake to english, since english lacks that part of grammar, but the closest you could get to would be:
"Biggerer Display" :rolleyes:

Actually, größerer is a correct Deutsch word. Thanks for playing.
Ich habe nicht gesagt, dass es ein falsches Wort ist, sondern das es grammatisch falsch ist (in diesem Zusammenhang). Richtig wäre "größerES Display"
Deutsch ist meine Erstsprache also streite nicht mit mir.

I didn't say it's not a correct word, i said its grammatically wrong (when used in that context). Correct would be "größerES Display".
I am a native german speaker, so don't try to argue with me.

Last edited:

Bronken

macrumors member
Jun 11, 2011

I didn't say it's not a correct word, i said its grammatically wrong (when used in that context). Correct would be "größerES Display".

+1 for Appleseed, "größerer Display" is totally wrong. Its "größeres"

hellodon

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2006
What bothers me most about this is that the font is CLEARLY different. They put so much time and effort into this and couldnt even match the font. It looks like a different version of myriad than the one that Apple uses...and its really visible on the back of the unit. To go THIS far and not have that detail perfect is just a massive fail. I didnt see the URL or the comments yesterday and knew it was fake because of that alone.

c613m

macrumors 6502
Aug 9, 2011
Ottawa
Clearly a fake. Kind of hard to believe someone would bother putting this much effort into it. Apple pays attention to detail. Too many little things wrong with this. Time on iPhone is wrong, No Service (FAIL). Font on back of iPhone is utter FAIL.

Apple just needs to announce their new phone already so we can get on with it!!

vampyren

macrumors regular
Sep 16, 2008
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Indeed, video was awesome and honestly i thought it was real before i reas the article :)

WestonHarvey1

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2007

LOL. Can't get over the embarrassment of someone with probably a single year of high school German saying "Thanks for playing" to a native speaker :)

writingdevil

macrumors 6502
Feb 11, 2010
LOL. Can't get over the embarrassment of someone with probably a single year of high school German saying "Thanks for playing" to a native speaker :)

not only that, he doesn't seem to know English very well, either...

"since english lacks that part of grammatics,

...as there is no such word in English

Alex9773

macrumors newbie
Aug 9, 2011
lol@German

Nice fake, but the "hidden link" thing really is totally unrealistic (especially for :apple: :D )

PS:
Ich habe nicht gesagt das es ein falsches Wort ist, [...]

Actually it has to be "Ich habe nicht gesagt, dass es ein falsches Wort ist [...]" ;)

Tucom

Cancelled
Jul 29, 2006
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH^^^

But true, took german, got you there Appleseed, aber est ist also sehr gut :)

FrizzleFryBen

macrumors 6502
Dec 14, 2009
Charlotte, NC
OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH^^^

Booyah Appleseed! Deine mutter ist sehr preiswert! Sorry, that's the only thing I remember from German class 15 years ago :eek:

Edit: I really should clarify I this was meant to be amusing and in no way a jab or directed at Appleseed. It's just fun to say.

Last edited:

Lord Appleseed

macrumors 6502a
Nov 7, 2010
Apple Manor
not only that, he doesn't seem to know English very well, either...

"since english lacks that part of grammatics,

...as there is no such word in English
You seem to misunderstand something here. I am the native german speaker, but i agree that i made a mistake with the word "grammar" lol...that one always gets me.

PS:

Actually it has to be "Ich habe nicht gesagt, dass es ein falsches Wort ist [...]" ;)
Da hast du recht, peinlich peinlich...ich sollte mir mehr Zeit zum Schreiben nehmen. Ich hab mir nach dem Schreiben schon so gedacht das sich da was nicht richtig anhört. Aber zu meiner Verteidigung, Beistrich-Fehler/Komma-Fehler sind weniger schlimm....

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH^^^

"aber es ist auch sehr gut" ;)

Yeah he got me with that one :D

But I guess we can agree on the fact that when someone wants to make a "good fake", he should at least get the grammar right, especially when it is in the headline of the page. "GRÖSSERER DISPLAY" lol :rolleyes:

lol, iphone and german in one thread. wunderbar! :D
WUNDERBAR!!!

Last edited:

FireFish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2007
...and only when you thought you really have no life, . . .

Watching this video two times made me realize how sad it is that I'm sitting here working my tail off to 'give back to society' and that there's actually people out there who have that much free time on their hands to go thru making this, only to publish it, have it immediately disproven, and above all, get absolutely no credit for their work.

:confused:

What a bunch of dumb $h*ts.

dweezle3

macrumors regular
Jun 11, 2010
Earth
Ich denke dass wir nur auf Deutsch schreiben sollen. Es macht mehr Spaß :) Obwohl mein Deutsch ist nicht so gut :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.