Page 2 Rumors Section

Discussion in 'Site News' started by arn, Jan 27, 2003.

1. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

I'm playing around with a sub-forum for "lesser" rumors - for whatever reason.

I'm not sure if such a distinction is necessary... or will easily work.. so this is a bit of an experiment... but frequently I run across rumors that are of some interest... but I feel doesn't warrent a full story on the front of MacRumors.

These will be linked from the main page in some fashion shortly.

At this time, I am the only one able to post new threads. If you have a link that you feel should be posted in this area. Submit it via the submit form off the main page.

arn

2. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Sounds like a fairly decent idea. You should give the page a snappy title of some sort. Something like, "Less Then Probable MacRumors.com".

3. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

how about 'backpage rumors' or something along those lines. 'page 2 rumors' sounds a little dull. opinions?? is it even OPEN to opinion?? :)

4. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

Go for it. one thing you could do, besides having a 'back page', is just putting a one-line story on the main page, like a title to the story that's linkable... but keep full descriptions for news stories that are important or more believable...

it might make things look cluttered tho... hmm... well whatever you decide to do will be great :)

pnw

5. vniow macrumors G4

I like it, some of the more interesting rumors turn out to be false.[​IMG]

But I have to agree that 'page 2 rumors' is kinda lame, maybe something a bit more eye-catching.[​IMG]

6. medea macrumors 68030

medea

it's a great idea, this new section is great so thanks.

7. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Page 2 rumors just makes me wonder what's on page 3.......

Sorry, mind in the gutter, but that the analogy I got when I first saw it.

D :D

8. krhodus macrumors member

krhodus

like the idea, hate the name. how about something like back door rumors? idk about the name except get a new one.

9. Apple][Forever macrumors regular

You could call it "Spymac" or "Mac OS Rumors".

10. arn thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

open for opinions...

anyone else have name suggestions?

arn

11. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Why not just 'speculation' because that's what it mostly ends up being. It also opens up the forum for exactly that, since many of the threads are what people want and hope to have, along with educated guesses as to what might be around the corner.

12. arn thread starter macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

Well... it's not entirely speculation... though that's what I fear some of the articles are...

And I don't necessarily want to open it up to random folk posting "I think Apple needs...."

arn

13. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Good point. It would be asking for speculation and the threads would get out of hand pretty soon.

Is it more of a 'submit your rumor here and get comments now' instead of the formal rumor submission procedure where its all anonymous?

Unofficial Rumors
    Mini-MacRumors
    MacRumorettes (headlining eyelikeart in his bikini...;) )
    MacWhispers
    MacGossip

well, these are a bit lame, maybe they'll inspire someone to come up with something a little more creative. Time to go get some coffee and wake up.

D

14. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

It definitely needs to be set up as a front page. That way the interpretation of the validity of the rumor is left up to a select few that have some experience, and have there feat grounded in reality (hopefully).

Vapor Rumors.

15. Goblin2099 macrumors member

Could be fun, especially if some of the rumors are really out there. How about MacTabloids? shows they're not as reliable as the front page stuff, but still looks interesting.