Page Layout Software

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by NorCalLights, Jan 16, 2007.

1. NorCalLights macrumors 6502a

Hello everyone,

I'm going to start compiling a brochure of our product spec sheets, and I'm looking for a piece of page layout software that will handle the project better than Word. It's pretty basic stuff... the format of each spec sheet will be the same (I'd like to be able to make changes to the layout of one sheet and have it update across all of the sheets) but the specs will be different.

I have Pages v1, and it's okay (I'd be willing to upgrade to the most recent version) but I wouldn't mind trying out an open source option if there is one out there. I could be persuaded to purchase something like InDesign if it's the only way to get what I'm after, but that would be a big budge hit.

Your suggestions would be appreciated.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Pages is okay as a page layout program. It is far better than Word, but not as good as InDesign. I don't know of any open source types. I use both Pages and InDesign pretty regularly, but I would do your project in InDesign. Just my $0.02.