Page numbers in Pages

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by skullsplitter, Apr 1, 2006.

1. skullsplitter macrumors member

Does anybody know how to insert page numbers in the footnote using pages, so that page#1 is after the contents page, not the title page. I have tried all sorts of things for hours to no avail.

2. mjstew33 macrumors 601

mjstew33

What you could do is you could go to is view -> show layout -> and add them manually to the bottom, centered.

That's all I could come up with. :eek:

3. skullsplitter thread starter macrumors member

This does not seem to work either. As soon as I write a footnote in one page, it replicates it on all of them. And if i manually adjust one, it just changes the whole lot. Anything else I could try?

4. kiwi-in-uk macrumors 6502a

Go to Pages Help.
    Search for "specifying section attributes".

5. skullsplitter thread starter macrumors member

Thank guys. Report finished. I think I will play around with sections for a while to accustomise myself, but seems to be the answer. This was my first thread, I am not sure how to close it. If anyone knows feel free to end it. Otherwise I will just leave it.

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

In the "footer" or the "footnote"? Not sure why you want to do the latter. The former is easy.

If you want the page numbers to start after the title page, you need to define two sections. Use "show invisibles" to see what's going on.

7. muusevic macrumors newbie

Different Page Numbering on facing pages

Hi,

I've tried to find out how to do page numbering in "Pages" in a way that on odd pages, the page number stays on the right and on even ones on the left side. Unfortunately I didn't manage to do so.

Can anybody help me plz?

8. NuDarwin macrumors member

NuDarwin

pick up an older version of indesign on craigslist/ebay

9. PeggyD macrumors 6502a

With the cursor in the main body area of your document, go to the layout inspector (second icon from the left), click the Section tab & check "Left and right pages are different." I find that I need to uncheck "Use previous headers & footers."

10. muusevic macrumors newbie

Thanks a lot for the tip, it worked. I really start to forget why I would need Word....

Cheers