'Page Up' key equivalent on Powerbook for MS Excel

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cabasner, Jul 2, 2006.

1. cabasner macrumors member

Hello all,

Another stupid question. I am running MS Excel on my Powerbook, and one critical set of shortcut key strokes requires a 'Control + Page Up' or 'Control + Page Down' combination. Specifically, I'm trying to use this combination of keys to rapidly cycle through the sheets of a huge workbook. It works great on my iMac, where dedicated 'page up' and 'page down' keys are on the keyboard. Unless I'm blind, the Powerbook doesn't have Page Up or Page Down keys. There are keys with up and down arrows that also say 'page' on them. If I'm in a single worksheet, those keys, if I depress the fn key and those buttons, work like a page up or page down key. But they don't function like page up or down keys for scrolling through worksheets. Can someone tell me if I'm just out of luck, or are there some other keys that will allow me to cycle through my worksheets?

Thanks in advance.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

fn + up arrow = page up
    fn + down arrow = page down

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Just to embellish on that response... ;)

Fn + Up/Down Arrow function exactly like Page Up/Down.

So Ctrl-Fn-Up/Down function exactly like Ctrl-Up/Down, and switch between worksheets in Excel. Does that help? :) You have to hold down *both* the Control and Function keys.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's starting to sound a bit like Twister, isn't it? :D

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I got used to it eventually, and it's a good thing Fn and Ctrl are next to each other. But this drove me batty adapting to Office on my iBook! :rolleyes: :D

6. cabasner thread starter macrumors member

You know what, guys? I tried that at first, and I SWEAR it didn't work...but I tried it again, and it does, in fact, work! DUH! Thanks a ton!