pages 08 - how to number pages?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by astranovus, Aug 28, 2007.

1. macrumors newbie

sorry if this is a dumb question

but how does one number pages in pages 08,

in word it was a one click job, but i can't get it to work in iwork's pages

2. Moderator emeritus

You want to set the page numbers or get them.

Getting them is only a matter of going to the Insert menu.

If you're trying to set them, you might look at "Restarting Page Numbering in a Section" in the help text.

3. macrumors regular

pale9

same problem here. seems like the only way to do this is go to each page and click on insert page number. dont think i will do that with 200+ pages. ms word is starting to look better than ever to me.

4. macrumors regular

Open the footer and click insert-> page number. In the inspector you can choose to start counting, or to continue from the previous section. e.g you dont want a page number on the front page or in the TOC. You can also decide to make different headers/fotters for different sections. Actually i think its alot more flexiable than word.

5. macrumors newbie

you can just go insert>auto Page numbers and adjust to your liking

6. macrumors 68030

Dave Braine

Just curious, but how did you find this 5 and a half year old topic? :D

7. macrumors newbie

Hi,

I find pages alright most of the time and can often do everything I want, it's just trying to get my head around it, or ask someone that actually knows what they're doing.

However, does anyone know how you include pages numbers on a word file? I.E. If I include auto page numbers or whatever on a pages document, then chose to share it, I lose all the page numbers. Anyone know how I add the page numbers onto a word doc?

Cheers