Pages 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by oclor, Feb 1, 2006.

1. oclor macrumors regular

I just got an iMac core duo with iWork 06. I was wondering if pages 2 documents would be read by another computer's MS Word, and if keynote presentations could be opened with Powerpoint. Thanks.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Supposedly, the export functionality is much more reliable but I haven't been able to test it so far.

It's more likely that they'll be able to export them than import those kinds of documents.

3. jonparadise macrumors member

Pages 2 will open Word docs very accurately, and is excellent at exporting to Word format.

It even keeps all the comments and converts them to 'Track Changes'.

4. Bern macrumors 68000

Bern

Although Pages 2 does not export to a Word doc very well if it contains a lot of image formatting and such.

As a test I opened the Newsletter template in Pages and added 3 more pages containing the same information. I then exported it to Word and emailed to friends on a Mac and a PC containing Word. The friend on the PC said when he attempted to open the file Word kept opening continuous blank pages up to about 15 until he forced it to quit. The Mac friend opened the Word doc and instead of having 4 pages he got 6 pages where the images and text were unevenly distributed amongst.

So I would suggest for simple text and simple text formatting exporting a Pages document to Word is ok, but for anything else probably not unfortunately.