Pages and Keynote updates available in sofware update

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by javiercr, May 25, 2005.

1. javiercr macrumors 6502

javiercr

Pages and Keynote updates available in sofware update now (they are 20Mb+ each)

Keynote update 2.0.2 (21.9Mb)
    Paged update 1.0.2 (28.7Mb)

anybody knows what they update? I can't find these updates in the apple site (yet)

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

copied from the software update itself

Pages: "Pages 1.0.2 addresses issues with page navigation and organization."

Keynote: "Keynote 2.0.2 corrects a security issue. For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n61798"

3. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

Already downloaded and everything is fine. Hefty update though, Keynote and Pages have grown nearly 60mb each since they were released. :eek:

4. besler3035 macrumors 6502

I haven't noticed any differences in Pages or Keynote in the few minutes since I've updated.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Pages has a "View page thumbnails" option and it rocks. It's like the slide sorter in Keynote. Drag and drop your pages to position them in the document.

6. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Hopefully it is all leading up to an expansion of features. It seems like an awful lot for navigation tools and a security update.

7. javiercr thread starter macrumors 6502

javiercr

And for keynote it fixes this:
    http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=301713

seems like a massive download for that kind of fix :eek:

8. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

9. aegisdesign macrumors 6502a

Kind of. I wish they'd call them 'sections' instead of pages as if you create a single page and then paste in a few thousand words, the text flows on to multiple pages but it only lets you move or delete the whole multi-page section. Whereas if you insert a section break, it actually does break it onto a new page which you can then move in the thumbnail pane. But of course text doesn't flow between sections and instead creates a new page.

It's nice from a layout point of view as you can divide a magazine type document into articles and keep the design intact for the article but it takes some getting used to if you're expecting Pages to be a normal Word Processor like Word.

Still, it's a very welcome addition. Pages does indeed rock once you've got your head around it in ways that Word doesn't, especially for more graphically oriented documents.

I also wish they'd fix drop shadows and transparency. a 70% opacity drop shadow on a photo comes out square and jet black on my HP Deskjet 970 , loses some of the top shadow and is still too dark. I have to drop down to 20% opacity. And then if you load the huge PDF it produces into Adobe Acrobat, the shadows aren't there at all and if you sent your PDF to a Print shop, they'd use Acrobat of course. The only workaround I know of is to use File->Print instead of Export, then Save as Postscript, load that into Preview where it will convert to PDF, then Save as from Preview. At least that can be automated.

By version 2 I can see it being a very useful tool.