Pages and PowerBooks

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by aussie_geek, Jul 17, 2005.

1. aussie_geek macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

I have a problem with Pages on my PowerBook. I am using a network laser printer. Every time I want to print a document from Pages, the only thing the printer spits out is a black page. It was working the other day before the update of 10.4.2.

I am accessing the network over Airport. The wired clients on the network have no problems printing with Pages. What's going on??

aussie_geek

2. cooknwitha macrumors 6502a

cooknwitha

Hmm, that's all a little odd. I'm on a Powerbook running 10.4.2 and haven't had any problems. Have you tried re-adding your printer to the Printer Setup Utility?

3. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

Are you sure it's a problem with Pages rather than your printer? Are you able to print other documents ok, or is the issue solely with Pages?

4. aussie_geek thread starter macrumors 65816

aussie_geek

Yeah I tried that - with no success. :(

I am able to print images from other apps. But when I try to print text it is a no go. I ended up exprting it into a PDF and then converting it to jpeg.

At home, the PowerBook has no probs printing over my Airport to an Epson inkjet..

This is bazaar..
    aussie_geek

5. munkle macrumors 68030

munkle

That is odd...perhaps try re-installing the printer driver.

Hmmm...