Pages Autocorrect?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by xperton3, Apr 15, 2005.

1. xperton3 macrumors member

Is there an autocorrect option like in MSWord for Pages........with MS Word, you can type and it will autocorrect your spelling for you, but in pages it just red underlines and doesnt correct, is there a setting i need to enable??

thanks guys

2. Bear macrumors G3

The problem with autocorrect is that it doesn't always select the correct word. Also, you may be using a word correctly, but it isn't in the dictionary.

3. iansilv macrumors 6502a

That may be, but it is still useful. Is there an option in the new pages?

4. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

5. xperton3 thread starter macrumors member

fantastic!! Thank you!! Only took 2 years, LOL :)
    :):):)
    I have since moved on to using MS Office for mac, but might now take another look at Pages ....
    Thanks again!

6. iansilv macrumors 6502a

i think I am missing something- how do I get it to autocorrect spelling mistake? i went there, but there was no place to enable it

7. dfl1ntakilla macrumors newbie

Go to Pages> Preferences> Auto-Correction then check "Symbol and text substitution" and you can add you own spelling corrections for specific errors you make a lot. If you just want Pages to correct spelling errors with the first option on the list you need to check "Automatically use spell checker suggestions."

8. billowred macrumors newbie

Thank you! I always wondered if this was possible.

9. nicoleasks macrumors newbie

Is there a way to do this from within the document? --like, you're typing, you make a spelling error, the autocheck catches it, and you'd like it to auto-correct to one of the suggested spellings? Do you have to go through the whole Preferences > Auto Correction > Add process?

10. clunkmess macrumors 6502

clunkmess