Pages crash - document recovery?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by culrich, May 5, 2008.

1. macrumors newbie

Feb 13, 2008
    I was recently working on a document on pages, and I had a kernel panic. After a restart, I started up Pages to continue working on the document, and it was gone! Does Pages have some kind of document recovery after a crash?
  2. macrumors 6502a

Jan 16, 2008
    You know what, I have the same question. That's happened to me a few times. It kind of pisses me off actually, because Word has document recovery, but I really prefer Pages...but I think I might have to switch if there's no way to do a recovery :(

Does anyone know?
  3. macrumors newbie

Feb 24, 2009
    Numbers Doc disappeared

I recently had a numbers document open, which I had saved several times previously. When my battery died completely, that numbers doc seemed to disappear. There is no longer a back-up. Any clue on what happened to it? I can I recover it somehow?
  4. macrumors newbie

Feb 25, 2009
    Pages crash

I had the same problem with Pages crashing. However after restarting the computer (not sleeping) I found, quite by accident, a temporary file in the trash bin with the name of the document I lost followed by a date and time. When I opened it up it was a copy of the file I had lost during the crash. Unfortunately I discovered 2 days after rewriting my work. Dennis - not sure if numbers will do this too.
  5. macrumors newbie

Aug 2, 2009
    hi all!
    I have the same problem...:(
    nobody knows how to find recovered files?---:rolleyes:
  6. macrumors newbie

Aug 9, 2009
    pages document recovery

Pages unexpectedly quit my first time using it, and I lost an important document that I hadn't saved. Anyone know how to recover it?
  7. macrumors newbie

Aug 4, 2010
    still no recovery?

Now it happened to me. Love Pages 09 but I just lost a complicated document when I pressed Save - causing the dreaded spinning disc, force quit (why oh why didn't I do a screen capture then?? at least I'd have page 1). No recovery? No fair! I found a Recovered Files folder in Trash but it's not there. Any suggestions out there, pleeeese?
  8. macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2007
    Adirondacks NY
    I started using Foreversave. It is well worth the $15 and I like the fact that it can save multiple versions of a file.
  9. macrumors newbie

Nov 17, 2010

You should not have to buy a third party software to recover your documents. This needs to be fixed somehow. What a basic, basic, foundational feature to leave out!

c'mon apple!
  10. macrumors regular

Nov 6, 2007
    Adirondacks NY
    If it helps, there is a free version of ForeverSave that does an autosave, but does not do backups.