Pages Grammar Correction

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by M@lew, Dec 23, 2006.

1. M@lew macrumors 68000

M@lew

Can Pages corrent your grammar? I know it has Spell Check just like Word, but Word also checks your Grammar. Can Pages do this?

2. iMeowbot macrumors G3

iMeowbot

There is no built-in grammar checker. There is a separate program called Grammarian that you may want to try, it will work across most apps.

3. M@lew thread starter macrumors 68000

M@lew

Oh thanks. That looks very nice. I'll check it out.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

If it's of any interest, Pages uses the system-wide dictionary and spell-checker shared by Mail, Safari, TextEdit, etc. -- which Word does not. This is a very handy feature, not only because the spell checking behavior is the same in all of these applications but also because a word added to the dictionary in one application is automatically recognized everywhere else.

5. NGMstudios macrumors newbie

Grammar check

I searched for answers in MacRumors on this issue and it brought me to this thread.

With Word, if you didn't make, for example, the first letter of the sentence a capital letter, it would change it for you. Or if you spell the word, again for example, "spoke" incorrectly ("spoek") it would adjust it for you as this may have been an error simply by pushing the wrong key. That's cool if I have to change words I spell wrong but I type lots of reports and this "nuance" of Word came in handy when trying to work quickly.

Is there a setting that you can change that does this without having to download some app to do it for you?

6. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Pages does have an "autocorrect" feature. Look under preferences. It's not as aggressive as Word -- you have to add the words you want autocorrected.

7. NGMstudios macrumors newbie

pages adjustments

I just adjusted the auto correct settings. Thank you for pointing that out!