Pages Templates in Spanish

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by jan08, Nov 11, 2006.

1. jan08 macrumors regular

Really stupid newbie question here. I've installed Pages but all the templates are in Spanish. I'd like to have a look through these and get a few tips etc. so have I probably made a mistake with the install? If so, can I un-install it and start it up again?

2. mklos macrumors 68000

mklos

You didn't do anything wrong. All of the templates in Pages have spanish writing in them. They're just there as a filler so you can see what the template looks like with information in them. Uninstalling and reinstalling won't help you any.*

3. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

Pages is very clever, in that if you have your system wide language set to Spanish, you end up with Spanish templates (I'm stating Spanish, but I assume it works for most languages). You should have a set of English templates on your computer somewhere, but as the other poster said, they just have blank text in them.

If your system wide language setting is not Spanish...hmm...then something is going on there.

Edit: Oh nevermind...from rereading the OP I see that he/she is most likely mistaking the filler text for Spanish. I assumed the names of the templates where in Spanish in the template selection window.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

And of course it's not Spanish, but the classic typographer's filler text known as "Lorem ipsum."

5. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

7. jan08 thread starter macrumors regular

Cheers all, I knew it was a stupid question to ask.