Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ftaok

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
Does anyone else have this problem?

When viewing a post, I have to scroll to the right to read the messages. It doesn't matter how wide I set the window, the page just grows.

FYI, I'm using a WinNT 4.0 machine (work) with IE 5.5

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ftaok said:
Does anyone else have this problem?

When viewing a post, I have to scroll to the right to read the messages. It doesn't matter how wide I set the window, the page just grows.

FYI, I'm using a WinNT 4.0 machine (work) with IE 5.5

nope.... even this thread?

screenshot?

arn

ftaok

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
arn said:
nope.... even this thread?

screenshot?

arn
Arn,

I would love to do a screenshot, but I'm at work and I'm not too good with windows. I don't know how to take a screenshot.

But to answer the question at hand, it seems when I jump to a thread (i.e. via the e-mail notification) the posts are centered. The page is still bigger than the window, but the posts are centered. When I choose a thread from the a forum, the page is the same size, but the window is scrolled to the left, so I have to manually scroll to the right.

It's really wierd. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?

richland

macrumors member
Mar 2, 2004
ftaok said:
Arn,

I would love to do a screenshot, but I'm at work and I'm not too good with windows. I don't know how to take a screenshot.

Press prt sc button...
Go paste it in paint...
Save...
Bam..

ftaok

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jan 23, 2002
East Coast
ftaok said:
Arn,

But to answer the question at hand, it seems when I jump to a thread (i.e. via the e-mail notification) the posts are centered. The page is still bigger than the window, but the posts are centered. When I choose a thread from the a forum, the page is the same size, but the window is scrolled to the left, so I have to manually scroll to the right.

It's really wierd. I wonder if anyone else has this problem?
OK, here's a JPG. I'm not sure if this will work.

You'll notice that the scroll bar is activated because there is stuff on the right and left. This is how a post looks when I jump to it via a link. If I choose a thread from the forum list, the page is scrolled to the left.

I hope this explains what I'm trying to say.

Attachments

• picture.jpg
    picture.jpg
    76.1 KB · Views: 222

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
ftaok said:
OK, here's a JPG. I'm not sure if this will work.

You'll notice that the scroll bar is activated because there is stuff on the right and left. This is how a post looks when I jump to it via a link. If I choose a thread from the forum list, the page is scrolled to the left.

I hope this explains what I'm trying to say.

Odd.... mine scales. I'll look into it tonight.

arn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.